ABJ Editor Canges

Default ABJ Editor Canges

Not sure where this would be appropriately posted but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the change it print size for the last two issues of the ABJ. I sent an email to the new editor Kirsten Traynor asking why she felt the need to enlarge the print type to such a degree that it now makes the publication look like a 3rd grade text book. I have not heard back. I'm wondering if she might feel that beekeepers are becoming so old that they can't see the type? Just my opinion of course but it really detracts from the publication in general. This months December issue has a really nice photo on the cover. Nice to see a beekeeping picture other than the honeybee on a flower cover that seems to dominate the issues. While I liked the cover photo I can't say much for this months content. Loaded with page after page of advertisements and very little beekeeping content worth reading. For this months issue was a real dud.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: ABJ Editor Changes

Risky
    I could not dissagree with you more on font size. I don't have to wear glasses yet but had a very hard time reading the magazine. Infact, it was so hard that I was months behind on getting them all read and quit the subscription. I even posted a complaint on this site and it was suggested that I get the didgital version which did not appeal to me. I might take another look at the magizine if the font stays bigger.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

Large print ok with me wish queen would lay larger eggs to.I wonder am I getting old or is print getting smaller same problem with pants they getting tighter a size 40 fits like a 38 now.

Quote Originally Posted by merdoc View Post
    Large print ok with me wish queen would lay larger eggs to.I wonder am I getting old or is print getting smaller same problem with pants they getting tighter a size 40 fits like a 38 now.
    I'm running beesource at +120% magnification, my reading glasses are now working better
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Risky agree with you on the advertisement too much fluff anymore

Quote Originally Posted by liljake83 View Post
    Risky agree with you on the advertisement too much fluff anymore
    well recommend they offer two versions, one with adds, at one price, one without adds at a price that reflects the cost to produce and ship the magazine.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

The advertisements subsidize the cost to subscribers. If you want a version without ads, you'll pay more. Is that your desire?

everyone realizes that ads pay for the costs of publications. Its would be nice to see the print type revert to the same size its been for the last 100 years! As mentioned the ads seemed to overwhelm the scarce articles this month. You can always add a few more pages and include some interesting articles right? I think the new editor might be cutting her teeth.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti