Simple Harmony Farms uncapper - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Loranger La
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    FYI post since this site reaches so many beekeepers.
    The Simple Harmony Farms uncapper is being copied by a guy in Australia calling his company "BeeWise".
    I cannot see how he sells as cheap as he does if he's using quality materials.
    His reviews are not that great so I hope the problem takes care of itself.
    Thanks to everyone who has supported our endeavour!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Sorry to hear someone is counterfeiting your innovative product. That sounds frustrating with all the work you have put into this. I have some ideas that will reduce your cost to manufacture your product while keeping quality materials. That way, you can out-innovate the counterfeiter and maintain a fair price. Message me of you are intrested.

    Alex Madsen
    Mechanical Engineer and Beekeeper

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Crystal Water, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Harmony Farms View Post
    FYI post since this site reaches so many beekeepers.
    The Simple Harmony Farms uncapper is being copied by a guy in Australia calling his company "BeeWise".
    I cannot see how he sells as cheap as he does if he's using quality materials.
    His reviews are not that great so I hope the problem takes care of itself.
    Thanks to everyone who has supported our endeavour!
    I'm in Australia and can't find the uncapper on their list?
    Any links?
    max
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    7,793

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    A friend of mine who is a rapidly expanding sideliner has nothing but good to say about the simple Harmony. He has baskets of unprocessed capping wax and honey from the last few years. This machine does very little damage to the combs and results in minimal cappings and honey being removed from the frames before the frames are placed in the extractor. He runs 9 frames in his supers. He offered to let me use it and see if I didn't like it better than my hot knife but I am pretty well set up to handle cappings sodon't have the itch to change. And I swing a mean hot knife!

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Aylett, Virginia
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    The Simple Harmony frame uncapper is on my wish list. I won't be fooled into buying a cheap imitation.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manning, SC
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    I have them.... not on my website but let me know if interested via PM.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Perth west aust
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Max, I have the latest Beewise mailing catalogue with the roller uncapper in it. I can forward the email to you if you are interested.
    Next time I'm in the store I'll broach the subject and have a dig, I was thinking of getting one however if it is breaching copyright laws.........

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Crystal Water, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Yes, thanks Skeggley, that would be great
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    The Simple Harmony frame uncapper is on my wish list. I won't be fooled into buying a cheap imitation.
    Who has bought and used since this thread was started last year? Welcome information from those who have used the Harmony uncapper and your reviews.

    Thanks.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Aylett, Virginia
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    It is still on my wish list, waiting on the wallet. Spoke to someone yesterday that had one. His opinion echoed those already expressed here, easy to use, fast, leaves shallow cells still capped. Still need a scratcher or roller to get 100% on first year comb. Very little wax in the honey.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gainesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,407

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundhwg View Post
    Who has bought and used since this thread was started last year? Welcome information from those who have used the Harmony uncapper and your reviews.

    Thanks.
    It works well on nice combs but so does everything else. Very quick. My wife doesn't like lack of wax gained from extracting. On soft thin celled combs used exclusively for honey it does a good job. I tried it on old brood combs and it smashed the older cells alot and blocked honey from exiting the combs. Since we, and most folks don't use old brood combs for honey this isn't a deal breaker. Wife said she'd rather use a knife so that is what we are doing.
    Splitting a first year hive successfully https://youtu.be/ZfRTreQ-S9c

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    We ordered our in and mounted it the day it came (4 days from ordering). We spun about 40 frames out. most of the frames were new wax and fairly well filled out. One pass and you get 90% of the honey, 2 passes and you get 95% of the honey. the amount of cappings would have fit in the palm of one hand. the honey was much cleaner than with a hot knife coming out of extractor and ran through a 400 micron screen like nobody's business. the helpers doing it had never uncapped before and nobody got burned, no hot wax smelling up the honey house.
    Because of really new wax, we did need to clear the rollers twice in those 40 frames (used a cappings fork)
    I am very pleased.
    Thanks for a great product Simple Harmony Farms!

    If I thought i could include the video I would but if you must see it go to facebook page for Iberia Area Beekeepers

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2119...tion&ref=notif

    Travis Hardesty
    Hardesty Apiary, Missouri

  14. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Loranger La
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavery View Post
    We ordered our in and mounted it the day it came (4 days from ordering). We spun about 40 frames out. most of the frames were new wax and fairly well filled out. One pass and you get 90% of the honey, 2 passes and you get 95% of the honey. the amount of cappings would have fit in the palm of one hand. the honey was much cleaner than with a hot knife coming out of extractor and ran through a 400 micron screen like nobody's business. the helpers doing it had never uncapped before and nobody got burned, no hot wax smelling up the honey house.
    Because of really new wax, we did need to clear the rollers twice in those 40 frames (used a cappings fork)
    I am very pleased.
    Thanks for a great product Simple Harmony Farms!

    If I thought i could include the video I would but if you must see it go to facebook page for Iberia Area Beekeepers

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2119...tion&ref=notif

    Travis Hardesty
    Hardesty Apiary, Missouri
    Thanks Travis. Nice talking to you! Good luck with your mobile honey house!

  15. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    He tells you in the video that he a gets a portion of each sale. Truthfully, I don't put much faith in in an endorsment where the endorser hasn't actually used the product. Anybody can say, "Hey, looks great. Ought to work well." That and five dollars will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
    saw it before....thought the same
    Help is here to never misplace that hive tool again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqB0zcmhmQ

  16. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Covington County, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Since this thread was started, I have purchased the SHF and been through 3 extractions. I have posted a review on YouTube after my first extraction and I have posted reviews on BS in other threads. Here is a link to my YouTube review: https://youtu.be/teCzkZmx64U

  17. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dousman,Wi.U.S.A.
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    I bought mine last year and was pleased. Does it open every cell around the frame, mostly it does. But when I used my hot knife I usually had to do a bit of scratching around the edges. It is much faster than my knife work. The one surprise I did have was today when I took it out to wash it up for extracting next week I found both O-rings had snapped. I stored it in a hot pole barn so I plan on putting in my house basement after using, likely be better for the rubber.
    Trying to age gracefully, don't think its working!!

  18. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Humboldt Co., California
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    I can see that the cells are cut open. How do the bees respond after the extracted frames are put back on the hives?

    Do they open them up more and refill them like they typically do when the cells are opened with a knife?

  19. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Loranger La
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    Quote Originally Posted by orthoman View Post
    I can see that the cells are cut open. How do the bees respond after the extracted frames are put back on the hives?

    Do they open them up more and refill them like they typically do when the cells are opened with a knife?
    The bees clean up the cells and refill them. Since all the wax is still there, the repair process is much quicker than if they had to create the wax from scratch.
    I believe that any excess wax, like the cappings, are just used elsewhere in the hive. I've never seen any wax on a bottom board after uncapping and I know the bees are using the uncapped frame in a matter of a couple of days.
    The more wax that is left on the frame, the better it is for the whole hive.
    A healthy worker can produce about eight scales of wax in 12 hours. About 1,000 wax scales to make a gram of beeswax
    With an uncapping knife, the cut wax is in a bucket, not in the hive.

  20. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Covington County, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

    This year, I ran 310 frames through the SHF uncapper (1,200# honey) in two pulls on June 2, 2019 and July 7, 2019. Once extracted, I put the combs back on the hives after both pulls. Within a week each time, the combs were fully repaired and the bees back in business storing nectar. There were no wavy or half-built out comb. The "blades" of the uncapper do not sever the wax from the comb. They seem to crush and displace the cappings while leaving them attached to the comb. What I think happens after the combs are then returned to the hives, is the bees chew these crushed-but-attached cappings with their mouthparts and reuse the wax to rebuild the damage caused to their combs. If I am right about that, this is an enormous amount of energy and food stores saved by not having to create all of that new wax for repairing combs. I am now waiting on my 18 frame motorized extractor instead of my uncapping, which was the opposite problem I had when I bought the SHF uncapper. I liked it after I bought and used it at the end of last season. I like it even more now after having used it a full season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •