weed killer causing CCD?

Default weed killer causing CCD?

Bees use water sources which could contain weed killers.
    Whatīs the result to their health? Any research links available?

http://www.bafg.de/DE/05_Wissen/02_V...ublicationFile

Substances: biocides, pesticides & heavy metals

1 metamitron
    2 carbendazim 3 bromacil
    4 DEET
    5 isoproturon
    6 Diuron
    7 terbuthylazine 8 mecoprop
    9 Propiconazole
    10 terbutryn 11 diazinon
    12 Irgarol 1051
    Agriculture
    Facades, wood preservatives
    Herbicide on railway systems
    Against mosquitoes / insects
    Facades, agriculture
    Facades, agriculture
    For cooling / process systems, agriculture bituminous membranes, green areas / agriculture wood preservatives
    facades
    Against insects / spiders
    Antifouling in ship paints
    0.8 170 1.4 8 1.9 815 2.2 912 2.5 70 2.8 35 3.1 7000 3.1 620 3.4 100 3.7 25 3.8 40 3.9 7
    13 Copper Building Material, Plant Protection Products (Moss, Mushrooms) 14 Zinc Building Material, Biocide (ZnPt, ZnO)
    - -

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: weed killer causing CCD?

SiWolke: I was just listening to a podcast this week with Jon Zawislak of the University of Arkansas. Jon has just finished a study where he did pollen collections every two weeks from hives sites in agricultural areas vs. hive sites in urban areas in Arkansas. He briefly talked about the various herbicides he picked up, noting that he suprisingly found no glyophosate. The podcast is "Hive Talk" and it is the latest episode. I doubt Jon has had time to publish his findings yet, but I look forward to reading it. Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for.

Default Re: weed killer causing CCD?

Quote Originally Posted by psm1212 View Post
    SiWolke: I was just listening to a podcast this week with Jon Zawislak of the University of Arkansas. Jon has just finished a study where he did pollen collections every two weeks from hives sites in agricultural areas vs. hive sites in urban areas in Arkansas. He briefly talked about the various herbicides he picked up, noting that he suprisingly found no glyophosate. The podcast is "Hive Talk" and it is the latest episode. I doubt Jon has had time to publish his findings yet, but I look forward to reading it. Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for.
    Thatīs exactly what Iīm interested in.
    Please tell when Jon publishes his data and post a link if possible.
    Iīm interested mostly in what bees may consume via water source.
    Thanks!