Unsubscribing to Threads

Default Unsubscribing to Threads

I have been unsuccessful at unsubscribing to the thread beepro has about supplemental heat, 14 watts, for his hives. After going to the unsubscribe address, the alerts are misspelled and indicate the thread is invalid. Please help me unsubscribe to this nonsensical thread. THANKS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Unsubscribing to Threads

Open the thread in question, then look for the "Thread Tools" button at the top of the thread (above the top post, but below the gray horizontal bars with the various forum navigation buttons). After clicking the "Thread Tools" button, click "Unsubscribe from This Thread".

Another way to manage thread subscriptions is to go to your "Settings" page (link at the very top of every Beesource page), then look for "View All Subscribed Threads" and click that.

Then find the thread(s) you want to modify, click the "Notification" box to mark it, and then look for the "Selected Threads" button near the bottom of the page. Choose the action that you want (presumably, "Delete Subscription").

Also, for those that wish to ADD a subscription to a thread, it is not necessary to make a post to that thread (such as a useless post whose entire contents is "subscribed"). Instead, click the "Thread Tools" button as described above, and subscribe to the thread.

Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 11-05-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add more
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Radar,
    Thanks for your quick response and all of the moderation work you do to preserve this site! The issue is thru the mobile site. The PC site is clear of the subject thread. The subject thread remains on the mobile site. When I receive the email notification that someone has posted to the subject thread, I go to that emails unsubscribe address and open that site. That's when the actions described in my first post occur. I just checked my mobile Beesource connection and the thread indicated I'm subscribed. Thanks for all you do!

After going to Thread Tools, indicates not subscribed, I subscribed, then unsubscribed. This effort was unsuccessful. Indications on both the PC site and the mobile site (green arrow) on the Bee Forum. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Geno; 11-05-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: additional information

Well, as far as I see, the mobile views and the browser view use the same database to determine whether one is subscribed to a particular thread.

For instance, on my Android phone, if I use the "Exit Enhanced Mobile View" button I get the same appearance (but smaller) forum view as I do on my PC. And the "subscribe buttons" work the same way they do on my PC view. If I unsubscribe to this thread while on my Android phone, I am also unsubscribed when I view my subscriptions on my PC browser view.

When using the the "Enhanced Mobile View", I have not found a way to unsubscribe from a given thread, but exiting the "Enhanced Mobile View", making the subscription change, and then going back into the "Enhanced Mobile View" works for me. Somewhat cumbersome - granted.

Perhaps I am just old, but I don't particularly like the "Enhanced Mobile View" on my phone. I find myself exiting to the "PC view" just because I am more comfortable with it, and already know how to do what I want to do. But overall, most of my Beesource time is through a desktop, not my phone.

I suspect someone from Admin will respond on Monday.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks Radar, my experience is the same as yours. Just this one thread is "hung up" somehow.

Thanks again!!