How do you extract Honey Super Cell? Michael Bush please help me!!!!

Default How do you extract Honey Super Cell? Michael Bush please help me!!!!

I ran out of supers and frames for the honey flow so at the end I was getting desperate and I threw in new Ritecell and a frame of HSC I had been given. Even though it was wide spaced, the bees only filled it to the top of plastic cell walls and capped it. How do I uncap it? The cappings are sunken below the top of the cell walls so they can't be cut with a knife or scratched. I do not own a honey punch and I doubt it will work due to the solid plastic filled cells. Weren't Michael Bush and Dee Lusby recommending this produce for regression to small cell? They must be able to help me here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How do you extract Honey Super Cell? Michael Bush please help me!!!!

Use a blow dryer.

Default Re: How do you extract Honey Super Cell? Michael Bush please help me!!!!

I second that.

Just a case of the host (bees) adapting to the parasite (us).
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

I’ve seen an uncapping roller recommended for that situation. I have no experience with it though.

I break up the cappings on HSC by whacking with a clean, plastic bristle brush that I keep on hand just for that purpose. i use a brush with a long handle and medium-soft bristles. The bristles which strike the plastic cell wall parts can thereby flex out of the way, allowing other bristles to get the cappings broken up.

I would have GIVEN you drawn frames had I know you had to resort to using that!
    My opinions are based on a decade of beekeeping, book learning and watching YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    I would have GIVEN you drawn frames had I know you had to resort to using that!
    Were you trying to sell them to him??? What a friend!

I hope you guys are able to stay out of the smoke and fires.