50 West Coast Package Bees - Spring 2018 - Sources?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 50 West Coast Package Bees - Spring 2018 - Sources?

Looking to pick up 50 packages or NUCs in early spring. I'm in Washington state, preferring to drive and get them. Not looking for resale, just looking to bump my numbers up, and requeen with local stock once queen rearing is underway here.

I don't need the best superduper queens, as I will be pinching or giving away the queens once our own are rolling in.

Washington, Oregon, North California preferred.

Any possible sources would be appreciated.
    Instrumental Insemination & Northern VSH Queens

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 50 West Coast Package Bees - Spring 2018 - Sources?

Hello,

You can checkout our website: http://www.exchangebees.com/

We are starting pre-orders on all of our 2018 Spring Sales now.

Let me know if this works for you! Also once you make a request for nucs, and we've coordinated then you're nucs will be fully reserved to you with no deposit or payment required until pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by exchangebees View Post
    Hello,

You can checkout our website: http://www.exchangebees.com/

We are starting pre-orders on all of our 2018 Spring Sales now.

Let me know if this works for you! Also once you make a request for nucs, and we've coordinated then you're nucs will be fully reserved to you with no deposit or payment required until pickup.
    Where is your nearest pickup spot to 98362

Are you selling nucs you've produced or are you brokering bees?
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Why do I not trust an internet biz without a single "real name" on the entire website. No names == high probability of fraud.
    Whois lookup on the domain exchangebees.com == registered by proxy through go daddy.

If you are not ready to put your name on your website, I can only assume you are engaged in pure fraud.

The web domain was created on July 9th, 2017 == yet they claim to have brokered pollination and sales in the spring 2017 season.

Backdating business == high probability of fraud.

In reply to @jcase we have nucs that are being sold about 20 miles from 98362.

In reply to @Barry Digman we sell nucs that are both produced by our own company and sell nucs/hives of other beekeepers as well.

In reply to @JWChesnut Evidence that a web domain was created on a certain date has no relation to how long a business has been operating. We're a startup company and have chosen to not disclose any of our employers personal information. If you'd like to further question our legitimacy, I'd be happy to schedule a time for us to talk.

Sincerely,
    Greg Shved
    Exchange Bees

We do have the PM button for you 2 to use. Legit or not we will know
    over time.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Hey there JWChestnut, if you took a look at the whois than you probably recognize my username, as I am the registrar. Yes, are domain registrar is go daddy, and please do try to register a domain name with no proxy registrar (Namecheap, godaddy, networksolutions, etc.) I would also like to invite you to refrain from drawing conclusions without fully understanding how some things work. Yes we are a company with a new domain, registered August 2017. We are based in California and our primary goal is to start bringing IOT (Internet of things) to bee keeping at an affordable price. In order to foot the bill of R&D costs we have decided to do Beehive sales in addition to pollination contracts as our CEO, Greg Shved, has prior experience in this business as an independent operator (Under the name exchange bees.) We will be posting some pictures of our prototype devices soon so stay tuned!

Sincerely,
    Ben Byers
    Exchange Bees
    [email protected]
    exchangebees.com (Go Daddy registered)
    Last edited by benbyers; 10-15-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benbyers View Post
    Jesuit High School was listed as the organization, this was due to me teaching a Robotics class and building a resource website for my students to use, and it looks like Godaddy copied that. It has been corrected today.

Jesuit student media director Ben Byers, 17, of Carmichael said he feels “a great feeling of gratification” about the big win, as the Jesuit robotics team put hundreds of hours into working on Predator

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/edu...#storylink=cpy
    CteEqxjVYAAK87k.jpg
    Ben Byers (@TheBenByers) | Twitter.jpg

Smile Re: 50 West Coast Package Bees - Spring 2018 - Sources?

Well thank you for acknowledging my personal accomplishments. This was one of the reasons I asked to come and teach classes afterwords in the field of robotics, in 2014. Also I am fascinated by the fact that they list me in the class of 2017, they seem to be off by a year! I would like to gear more towards the company however rather than my personal accomplishments.

To respond to the images you have posted, am I not allowed to make a joke on social media?
    This brings me to my next question, does this mean we are a scam?

Also personally attacking me seems to be against the rules of this forum and I would not expect this someone with such a long history of commenting on this forum.
    Last edited by benbyers; 10-15-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Ben Byers, You might be the best thing since sliced bread.
    Beekeeping has a long history of scammers hiding behind anonymity.
    I was deliberately harsh to draw you out, as your website and its related on "AutoInspectors" are anonymous from top to bottom. And I accomplished that goal, I now know exactly who you are.

In the little world of commercial beekeeping, I can state categorically an "anonymous" web portal is not going to work. You must prove your mettle and show your real face and name, be prepared to offer a handshake and your bond.

The profit margin of buying bees and reselling them is narrow, as the producers have their own distribution channels at full price. Bees are a perishable commodity, and require enormous capital to acquire. The common pattern is small "brokers" overpromise and under-deliver, as a truckload of bees overheat and perish, wiping out all the purchase capital in one go.

For this reason, seasoned keeps go to the source with real queen-breeding operations. Anonymity hides a lack of depth. One principle is a sophomore at U of Utah but has some experience and interest in bees, the other is involved in research on internet-connected dongles. Who is raising the "nucs" you offered to sell? Greg on spring break from Utah? Things don't add up.
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 10-15-2017 at 09:40 AM.

"as a truckload of bees overheat and perish, wiping out all the purchase capital in one go."

This, is exactly why we are here. We have seen a problem in the industry and seek to solve it. With my experience in designing IoT hardware and Gregs experience with Bee keeping, we have been able to design a product that will allow Beekeepers around the nation to mitigate these common failures. Yes, there are solutions on the market now for tracking the conditions of Bee Hives, but we are seeking to make the cost of entry into the information age lower than it is now. So yes, we could be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by exchangebees View Post
    In reply to @jcase we have nucs that are being sold about 20 miles from 98362.
    Can you be more specific, there isn't much here, I'll gladly place an order if I have an idea where and who you are working with to distribute.

So many good progressive beekeepers in you area. Great clubs also. Many providing nucs to members as an order type deal. Why go out of your area? If your just needing bees for a while until your queens are ready then get some coming off of pollination and make your own splits. The price will be better than buying nucs. Most times the bees coming off the almonds are booming. You can usually get four nucs out of one colony. Even at $200 that's $50 a nuc. Worth the drive. May even find a truck headed your way. On 50 I wouldn't place an order unless I had to have some from a specific source. Good luck.

In my area? Maybe if "area" is big, and includes a ferry ride or a long long drive. Locally there is only Dan Harvey, that is about it as far as commercial bee production. I need bees to go along with my own Queen production, I don't have enough for the early production I want to do here. Dan won't have the number I need for sale early enough for my needs. Trust me, I really like his bees, if I could get what I need from him at the time I need them, I would be doing so.

I'm completely open to NUCs or packages off the almonds. That is why I am posting here, I need to find a reliable and well priced source.

Our club doesn't provide or resell bees, we will be discussing that after the board election next month, which is also why I am searching for a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbillybees View Post
    So many good progressive beekeepers in you area. Great clubs also. Many providing nucs to members as an order type deal. Why go out of your area? If your just needing bees for a while until your queens are ready then get some coming off of pollination and make your own splits. The price will be better than buying nucs. Most times the bees coming off the almonds are booming. You can usually get four nucs out of one colony. Even at $200 that's $50 a nuc. Worth the drive. May even find a truck headed your way. On 50 I wouldn't place an order unless I had to have some from a specific source. Good luck.

Got it.
    Sounds like the almonds are the way to go because of timing. I usually buy 2500 frames of brood in March and April and take them to our Louisiana yards where the first light flows start mid to late March and they do fine. We normally do five frames of brood to a hive. Our queens in Louisiana are usually mated the first or second week of March so it works out pretty good for us. First graft was February 19 this year. By the main flow in early May they are going pretty strong and make a good crop. We sell a few nucs every year from our overwintered hive for swarm control. I have also purchased bees by bulk at $15 a pound, 10 pounds to a cage. Again the early queens make that possible. All of these resources come from the almonds. We are just too far away or I would be glad to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbillybees View Post
    Got it.
    Sounds like the almonds are the way to go because of timing. I usually buy 2500 frames of brood in March and April and take them to our Louisiana yards where the first light flows start mid to late March and they do fine. We normally do five frames of brood to a hive. Our queens in Louisiana are usually mated the first or second week of March so it works out pretty good for us. First graft was February 19 this year. By the main flow in early May they are going pretty strong and make a good crop. We sell a few nucs every year from our overwintered hive for swarm control. I have also purchased bees by bulk at $15 a pound, 10 pounds to a cage. Again the early queens make that possible. All of these resources come from the almonds. We are just too far away or I would be glad to help you out.
    Appreciate it, would love to find a source to buy by the pound in bulk, especially at that price.

Takes a while to cultivate those deals. It works for those producers as their swarm control. Easy for them. Get rid of brood or bees and they are done. Some were in Texas just waiting to go North to their home apiaries after the snow melted.
    Many times after California we would be in trouble with high populations. Two boxes sometimes were just not enough room and you couldn't afford to ship more than that on the trucks. California just isn't our thing. I know you can find what you need out there. Your right about starting early. Go into the old bee journals from last year and start calling those guys that are selling their bees instead of shipping them home and you will get what you need. Possibly add orders from your club also. If I hear of anything up your way I'll be in touch.

How does one run a scheme by allowing people to reserve packages and nucs *without* deposit. Cash on pick up?

I have seen many schemes/scammers but none that didn't want any money until the person had the product in their hands. Jcase did not sound at all like one who would pick up 50 packages/nucs without wanting to look them over.

Oh and equations using == will easily fail because it isn't testing for type. Better ===

--- double post ---
    Last edited by MikeJ; 10-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast