Question for the Administrators ?

Default Question for the Administrators ?

Administrators is there anything you could do to allow us to turn our photos/pictures so they are up right before posting.
    I just down loaded a photo that was upright on my computer but was side ways after loading on this forum. (Attached )
    I have seen several the same way lately?

Thank You
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zone 6b 1400'

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Question for the Administrators ?

20150109_174650.jpg

Here you go. GIMP. Linux. Ubuntu. There are a lot of photo editors. Your choice. When you choose to "View' your picture on your PC or other device, that doesn't mean that your view is the way the pic is stored in your memory. Beesource doesn't have sophisticated software to manipulate images. But here you go.....
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Hey there,

The issue with images uploading on their sides, is connected to mobile phones.
    To avoid this you will need to use an editor as mention above by our fellow mod.

If you have any more questions please let us know.

Richard.

As some one who does not use a computer other than the basic, what are GIMP. Linux. Ubuntu.?
    Ar they a program I need to load on my computer or are they allready installed?
    Zone 6b 1400'

GIMP is an image (photo) editor. It can be complex.

Linux & Ubuntu are operating systems (competitors to Microsoft Windows).

If all you want to do with a photo is rotate and perhaps crop or resize, a free online tool may be the best choice. Here's one I sometimes use:
    http://www.picresize.com/

No software to install, works with any operating system that can upload and download image files, menu driven, not complicated, easy-peasy.

If someone was looking for a great, free, image editor to install on a Windows based system, I recommend Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

It does take a bit of learning, but it is very versatile.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

..... and for mobile devices on Android;
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...MsOU8wWaj4joBA

Bill

If you double-click a JPG in Windows 7 or later, it should open in Windows Photo Viewer. At the bottom will be two curved arrows for rotating the photo clockwise or counterclockwise (circled in red in the screenshot below). On a Mac, open the photo in Preview and click Cmd-R or Cmd-L to rotate left or right. No additional software required!

Attachment 36009
    Painted Peacock Manor, Palos Verdes, CA

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWaterbug View Post
    If you double-click a JPG in Windows 7 or later, it should open in Windows Photo Viewer. At the bottom will be two curved arrows for rotating the photo clockwise or counterclockwise (circled in red in the screenshot below).
    (edit)
    Are not those 'tools' in Windows as always, like rendering only.....
    on the desktop... nothing changes in the file source, like.

RPS example attached, hopefully ;-)

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, I think I need to clarify my question.

The picture I posted is in the proper direction on my computer.

When I down loaded it to Beesource the attachment was turned side ways by Beesource hardware during the download.

I opened the photo prier to the download and confirmed it was correct before the download, during the down load it was turned?

Is there any way to correct this?
    Zone 6b 1400'

What is going on is that phone devices don't have an "up" side like a traditional digital camera. So the phones don't save photos in exactly the same way a digital camera did. Instead, phones add data to EXIF information (part of the photo's data file) saying what level of rotation 'should' be applied to the photo when viewed.

So now the issue is whether to display photos in the way the pixels are actually arranged in the photo file (traditional way), or to ignore that and rotate the pixels as claimed in the EXIF data.

Its a complicated issue, and depending on which version of Windows you have installed, is not consistent across Windows versions.

My explanation above is my "2 cents" version, a more complete explanation is here:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

(I don't know whether VerticalScope will be able to change this photo loading behavior. I suspect that is not a quick fix.)
    Graham

Graham

So what you are saying is my phone is not as smart as I thought.
    So most likely because I took the picture with my phone, just because it is in the correct orientation on my computer does not mean it will be at the correct orientation when up loaded.

If that is the case I have learned something new today.
    Thank You for your help understanding this.
    Zone 6b 1400'

When making a new post, there is a "Preview" function available. If you choose to do that, you can see how your post would look if/when you actually do post it.

So, you can see how your photo will look, before you post it here, if that is a concern. Then, if it isn't what you want, make changes to the photo and re-upload the changed file, all before making a 'public' post.

The "Preview" button may not be immediately available in the Compose Message window. There are 3 Message Editors available (set by preference in your 'profile'; (meaning on your Settings page). If you don't see the "Preview" button by default, click "Go Advanced" and then it will be available.

(Note, if you have not finalized your post, there is always a risk that your session may close, either because too much time has elapsed, or something else unexpected happens. So, either do your photo checking/manipulations before you invest time in writing the actual text, or copy/paste your message text elsewhere so you have a saved copy that you can resurrect if the [smelly offensive material contacts the rotational air handler device]. )
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by eltalia View Post
    Are not those 'tools' in Windows as always, like rendering only.....
    on the desktop... nothing changes in the file source, like.
    The file itself definitely changes, as you can see here as I close and reopen the file:

Hello there,

When uploading the image, how are you doing it? dragging and dropping or using the attaching file method?
    The post above is definitely worth trying, which is to tilt the image and uploading it afterwards.
    Also, what device and browser are you using to upload this image?

Please provide us with all the information possible and we'll try to resolve this issues.

Best regards,

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWaterbug View Post
    The file itself definitely changes, as you can see here as I close and reopen the file:

hmmm.. that hyperlink owns GIF info so, no I carn't "see" as this platform does not do GIF... on the fly.
    Again you are using Windows tools, so have you proved source changes?
    Like, ported the file to another render interface?

Bill

Test
    test.jpg

Hi,

So the first Test image, I rotated 90 degrees using the Windows Photo Viewer app, it appears rotated in Windows Explorer but when I post it reverts to normal.

For the second Test image, I selected 'Edit' and saved a copy of the rotated image. Posting this kept its orientation. I would encourage you to try this. Let us know how you get on.

Fergus