steam wax melter from old hot water tank

Default steam wax melter from old hot water tank

I did see plans on this site awhile back of a home made melter with a cone of extruded (like for barbecue pits with holes in it) . Did it work well? it was not solar steam I think. have some brood comb and wax I need to melt down an don't wanna wait for the sun. Are the plans still out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: steam wax melter from old hot water tank

Didn't catch that post so just a heads up on using large volume closed vessels for steam generation - make very sure there is a automatic refief valve over the body of the vessel. Live steam even at low pressures - not superheated - is potentially deadly.

Bill
    Last edited by eltalia; 10-09-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: thaipo

Yeah I looked around utube just this site did have plans for one at one time. It was pretty comprehensive was in download form but, its gone

I use a wallpaper steam remover, hooked to a top set on a tub full of wax, a small filtered hole in the corner the tub tilted and beautiful filtered gold melts out. Be careful the steam jets out fast from one of these units and you can burn yourself, plus it melts wax fast. you can melt 5lbs per steamer session, 3 steam runs and the old wax is all coons and propolis.
    Save the steamed hive water, people pay big $$$ for this product. One of my popular items.

Got a picture of that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    Save the steamed hive water, people pay big $$$ for this product. One of my popular items.
    How is the product used.... fertiliser/soil conditioner?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    I use a wallpaper steam remover, hooked to a top set on a tub full of wax, a small filtered hole in the corner the tub tilted and beautiful filtered gold melts out. Be careful the steam jets out fast from one of these units and you can burn yourself, plus it melts wax fast. you can melt 5lbs per steamer session, 3 steam runs and the old wax is all coons and propolis.
    interested as well. you use a Rubbermaid type tub with a lid?
    Terrence

People pay money for the water condensate generated from steam processing of old combs?

Pray tell, who buys it, and what do they do with it, and how do you sell it--by the pint, by the half-pint, or by the tablespoon? I looked on Google and didn't find anything about this with a quick look around.