A New Chapter in Beesource - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: A New Chapter in Beesource

Many thanks Barry. Beesource is a wonderfull and really noticeable achievement. It works, it is well run, it unites people around the globe, and most of all educates and brings new ideas. You should be very proud of yourself! And if you are ever driving the Route 66 in Finland, drop by.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

For the love of all that is sane, please move to https only, at least for logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I will be working with the small team you know already that manages the site and taking over webmaster duties for Barry.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us, it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in regularly to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

-Philip

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Good life choice Barry and I know him well enough to know he will be doing a heck of a lot more than raising a few hives in his back yard. If you see a "Beamer cycle" drive by with some beekeeping gear strapped on the back you have probably just had a Barry sighting.
    I'll figure it out, Jim!

Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Unless someone is completely unhinged of course, with 30,000 people there has to be some of those may need dealing with, but other than that the site is very well balanced.
    There's only been a couple, right?!
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Foster Collins View Post
    I have met people here who are now great friends. I have learned so much through this forum, I can't add it all up.
    Thanks Adam. That is something I will take with me forever, having made new friends from this forum. I hope to be able to do more traveling and finally meet face to face these friends. You could have been one of the early ones to visit, but then you had to move out of Wisconsin!
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by SiWolKe View Post
    Barry, I invite you to visit Germany and have a trip around with me.
    Thanks Sybille. I really need to do this. My daughter in Italy keeps trying to get me to come visit her. If I can ever muster up enough of something to get myself on a plane for 9 hours (ugh), I will make the most of it and spend time traveling in Europe.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    I wish you the best and thank-you for beeing there when I started OxaVap LLC selling the vaporizers. BS was (and is) instrumental in my success. I, once again, thank-you.
    Great to hear, Larry. It's the community here that gave you the success. Hope it continues.
    Regards, Barry

Barry is a beekeeper too? Wow! Who'da thunk it?
    Thanks for your creation and your sacrifices, Barry. Hope to learn some BK wisdom from you.

Thank you SO MUCH BARRY!!! Beesource has been my mentor, my bees are doing great, and I am having a blast, thanks to Beesource. Now you will have more time to enjoy your bees, and other things life has to offer.

You take care, luv ya!
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by jcase View Post
    For the love of all that is sane, please move to https only, at least for logging in.
    This is in the works.
    -Philip

Barry, let me add my thanks for what you have built and all the positive impact it has had in the lives of all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I probably could use more hobbies, I probably need more space than my 600 square foot apartment. Ha!
    -Philip
    All you need is a small space on the roof...
    "...fascists divide themselves into two categories: fascists and antifascists" Ennio Flaiano

Quote Originally Posted by RiodeLobo View Post
    Barry, let me add my thanks for what you have built and all the positive impact it has had in the lives of all of us.

All you need is a small space on the roof...
    And I've kept bees on a roof...hey, you're in the right place!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Thank you Barry for estabishing this site. Have only joined this year, but have learned some helpful
    techniques through this amazing community.

Jim

Good Luck Barry and thanks. BEE Safe!

Thanks Barry for all you have done for us!
    Since '12 Zone 7a 42.25N 71.00W 17H OAV Amitraz
    Seaside Apiaries

Can't wait to see your second yacht, Barry!

Barry, Thank You for all your efforts in bringing the beekeeping community an avenue to share experiences so that improvement is available to all. One of the few forums that provide KASH (Knowledge, Attitudes, Skills and Habits) to enhance the beekeepers who use this site. Thank You so much!!

Welcome Philip! As you can tell you have a large pair of shoes to fill.
    Good Luck!

I built my business on the back of this forum
    Many thanks Barry

I am eternally grateful for Beesource because it has been invaluable to me, especially in my first 5 years of beekeeping in all I've learned at Beesource. Thanks so much Barry for hanging in all these years, and for the great job you have done here.

I also have made friends from this site both online and one or two that became face to face friends.

Welcome Adam!
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 50 hives, TF

Thanks Barry for a job well done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast