Call outs / Interviews

Default Call outs / Interviews

Another hobby forum i frequent has a section for call out / interview type threads where people asked (and if they accept) tell about themselves, background, history, etc. Members ask questions and have the opportunity to learn about the individual.
    I feel there is a lot that can be learned about some great beekeepers on here and seems like this could be a great way to get some insight into the way they do different things, how they got started and so on.

Not where others share their opinion or someone asking about something going on with their hive, etc., it's about the person who the thread is about and whatever they are willing to share. It may have to have some moderation to keep it on track, especially with newbies who have an issue and don't realize it's the wrong thread for troubleshooting, etc.

Of course this would all depend on whether they would be willing to do it, but i suspect there would be enough that wouldn't mind, especially if it got started out right.
    Is this something anyone else has interest in?

The person could be pm'd to see if they are willing and if so a thread titled their name and go from there? Maybe in a sub section of the main forum?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Call outs / Interviews

Just stirring the pot but guessing at the reason it is not getting a lot of takers:

You would probably learn more about people, than about bees, in such a format. My guess is the volume might even be higher from some that know less about bees.

I dont know a huge number of beekeepers but can think of some who would be all over the idea like flies, and others who would shun it like the plague

Some clearly are driven by practicalities and others by symbolism and sentiment. There are many books out that quickly identify their slant!
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by crofter View Post
    Just stirring the pot but guessing at the reason it is not getting a lot of takers:

You would probably learn more about people, than about bees, in such a format. My guess is the volume might even be higher from some that know less about bees.

I dont know a huge number of beekeepers but can think of some who would be all over the idea like flies, and others who would shun it like the plague

Some clearly are driven by practicalities and others by symbolism and sentiment. There are many books out that quickly identify their slant!
    Yeah kinda surprised really. I come up with some wing ding ideas sometimes, but this is not one of them. All it would take (i believe) is a couple of well known beekeepers to get it started.
    It's not just the well known commercial beeks either, some have full time jobs and have been at it a long time with what seems like very valuable knowledge. Others have only been at it for a few short years and have progressed to an amazing level of beekeeping...

Will probably stick my neck out there this fall and muster up the courage to politely ask a few that come to mind. Maybe i'll look back at starting this thread and feel like an idiot and get embarrassed.

You all know these folks more than I do. If you can get the interview drafted up I can make sure its shared on the wordpress side of the site.
    -Philip