Need advice on brood pattern - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Need advice on brood pattern

Post 3rd oav update. Did an alcohol wash and only two mites. Thank you to all for helping me to identify this and (hopefully) help them prepare for winter. Brood looks great. Saw eggs, larva and capped. Their numbers are low , but it looks like they have a lot of brood. I am feeding heavy and there is a golden rod flow on. ( or at least pollen, not sure if the nectar is coming in yet, but it smells like it, unless pollen smells too.)

I am doing a fourth oav tomorrow and will put a sticky board down before to count what drops. Is a 72 hour period good to check on that or should I do 24?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Time for the sticky board is over to you, depends how good the sticky board will keep the mites on it, ie do the bees have access to it, or are there ants or whatever that will carry off the mites before you see them.

2 mites in your wash is a major improvement and very encouraging, but it's still more than you want at this time so treatment wise keep walking the walk. It's a nice feeling to know your bees will be a lot more comfortable.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Don't feed too much yet unless you wish to risk restricting the queen's laying. Keep a close eye on em'.

Good luck.
    Somebody forgot to give my bees a copy of the book.
    Zone 6B

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123