scientist studies on gmo and roundup - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91
  1. #41

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    I think we are off topic, but nice discussion.

    Dick, how much carbon dioxid goes into the air with forests burning and vulcano activity?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Robeson County, North Carolina
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    And while we are off topic...it's hardly a leap of faith to acknowledge that over a billion motor vehicles' exhaust is contributing to the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere. That has not happened ever before, regardless of natural cyclic temperature fluctuations. When the scientific process becomes so political and polarizing as this has, the facts always take a back seat to perception.


    The US publisher Ward's, estimates that as of 2010 there were 1.015 billion motor vehicles in use in the world. This figure represents the number of cars; light, medium and heavy duty trucks; and buses, but does not include off-road vehicles or heavy construction equipment.

  4. #43

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by SiWolKe View Post
    A NASA consens?
    18 scientific associations say together: "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver. "

    But donīt worry, listen to Richard Cryberg, he is way more intelligent than all of them together. But hey, maybe it is a conspiracy, they never went to moon!

  5. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW area, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Thumbs Up Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post
    ...But donīt worry, listen to Richard Cryberg, he is way more intelligent than all of them together...
    That works for me

    Consensus is NOT science. Noone I know will deny Earth has been coming out of an ice age for 10,000 years. There have been well documented temporary climate changes in recorded history, such as the Little Ice Age during the years 1645-1715. There is plenty of evidence in the record showing fits and starts prior to recorded history, and many cycles of warm and cold cycles over millions of years before mankind appeared on this Earth. I do not believe the sky is falling because of GMO plants, Roundup or Climate Change.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland,Auckland,New Zealand
    Posts
    9,975

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    So the positions so far are -

    1. Global warming is a hoax and is not happening. Anyone who thinks it is, is a retard.

    2. Global warming is happening but is a natural cycle and is not our fault.

    3. Global warming is happening and human activity is contributing to it.

    4. Co2 levels are rising

    5. Co2 levels are not rising, it is a plot invented by governments and is very profitable.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

  7. #46
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chardon, Ohio
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post
    18 scientific associations say together: "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver. "

    But donīt worry, listen to Richard Cryberg, he is way more intelligent than all of them together. But hey, maybe it is a conspiracy, they never went to moon!
    Over earth's life time carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has gone up and down periodically. But, the general trend has been down and today it is as low as it has been over the last 4 billion years. It used to be several thousand parts per million as recently as when the dinosaurs lived and fell to 275 ppm about 1900 and today is 400 ppm.

    By, the way, I think I have been very careful to never say I do not believe in AWG (man caused global warming). I have no idea if AWG is right or a total fabrication. There are things I do know such as carbon dioxide in the bottom part of the atmosphere has zero impact of global warming just like all the climate models say. I understand why the models say this. It is actually quite simple to understand why this must be. But, over all the models are very complicated and the people who put the models together refuse to disclose what they did in enough detail to allow me to make any kind of judgement as to are they right or wrong. Plus, these models totally ignore things like clouds which can have a major impact of temperatures. They also seriously misrepresent the nature of thermals as the grid system used is way too big to model reality. So, I simply am not smart enough to be able to understand the models well enough to make any kind of judgement. Most of the scientists I know who have bothered to take a hard look at the subject say the same thing I say. In short increasing carbon dioxide may or may not be causing earth to warm up. However the data does show we had a warming period from roughly 1975 to perhaps 2005, with little or no change since then.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland,Auckland,New Zealand
    Posts
    9,975

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cryberg View Post
    By, the way, I think I have been very careful to never say I do not believe in AWG (man caused global warming).
    Very wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cryberg View Post
    There are things I do know such as carbon dioxide in the bottom part of the atmosphere has zero impact of global warming just like all the climate models say.
    Oversimplistic in my view. Co2 at the bottom of the atmosphere is causing the acidification of the oceans, which may in turn affect climate. You are correct in that all the interactions are extremely complex and hard to model.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

  9. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW area, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ...extremely complex and hard to model.
    I think we would agree it is easy to model, but hard to be accurate...at best, a model is a 'best guess' after knowing certain facts, estimating others, and not knowing how many unknown variables are actually involved.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lottsburg, Virginia USA
    Posts
    1,695

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Just remember you must trust your government, they tell you they can take care of all our problems if we will just do as they say and pay more taxes. We have caused all these problems with the climate as we all live to well and use too much energy. Funny thing all these guys telling us folks that we are living too high on the hog are flitting around the world in their gulf stars, wining and dining on the best the world can offer and driving around in their convoys of SUV's with the aircon going full blast, their homes using 6 times the energy of the average American home one of the biggest perpetrators ol Al Gore comes to mind. Remember you must trust what these wizards of smart tell you, like if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Been there and done that so don't do stupid anymore.
    Johno

  11. #50
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Escambia, Florida, USA
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis crutchfield View Post
    you have proved my point lol.. most scientist are used to milk out more money for socialist programs .. global warming is a hoax and a lot of real scientist are coming out and telling the truth on it now. no such thing.. and you wonder why I question all studies done by scientist on phophates... if it doesn't make cents their is a buck in it.. those who promote global warming have bats in their belfry.. one brick shy of a load... retards.... lol
    That's some good peer-reviewed objective science right there!

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    clifton hill mo usa
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/mit...utism-by-2025/... but scientist don't care as long as they get funding

  13. #52
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chardon, Ohio
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis crutchfield View Post
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/mit...utism-by-2025/... but scientist don't care as long as they get funding
    What you cited is not science. At best it is unsubstantiated opinion. Science is published in peer reviewed journals. Who do you think turned Craven in to the EPA? Monsanto turned him in. Had Monsanto not turned him in there is no telling how many more years he would have dry labbed experiments before EPA caught up with what he was doing. Just like the SEC could not catch Madoff even after being told how he was cheating by a person in industry.

    Did you know there is a direct relationship between the % of cloudy weather where a kid lives and his or her odds of being autistic? Correlation does not prove causation. I can conclude that water is the cause of opium addiction because everyone addicted to opium drank water before he became addicted. Perfect correlation and perfect nonsense.

    There is zero scientific evidence that Roundup has anything at all to do with autism. Further, there is a mountain of scientific evidence that Roundup does not cause autism. That goes for every other pesticide on the market in the US and their non-relationship to autism. The multi generation feeding studies required as part of the registration package would clearly show any such relationship.

    If you want to talk science please submit scientific papers, not nonsense like you cited.

    I fully expected you to cite non science sources and you met my expectations.

  14. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rosebud Missouri
    Posts
    3,987

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    I don't know about corralation and cause and effect but do think that it is hard for experts and layman to really come to any conclusion of what is really going on.

    I think that sometimes the diffinitions of what something is called may change so things that in the old days that may not have been given a name now meet a critirea to be called autism that may not have been counted that way in the past.

    It is like blaming for the health care rise in cost with out taking into count all the new things that used to not be able to be treated for but now can.

    The picture changes and to me (not a smart guy or one that keeps up) it seems that finding a way to compare apples with apples would be half the battle.

    It is like knowing how much booze was sold during proabition compared to how much was sold before.

    Is there really an increase in things like autism or is it more of a case of more people getting diagnosed now and more things falling under the umbrella now.

    I don't know but these are some of the things that circle around in my head when I hear all the numbers that get thrown around. I don't even know if it has anything to do with anything but is what I think.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

  15. #54
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chardon, Ohio
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post
    I don't know about corralation and cause and effect but do think that it is hard for experts and layman to really come to any conclusion of what is really going on.

    I think that sometimes the diffinitions of what something is called may change so things that in the old days that may not have been given a name now meet a critirea to be called autism that may not have been counted that way in the past.

    It is like blaming for the health care rise in cost with out taking into count all the new things that used to not be able to be treated for but now can.

    The picture changes and to me (not a smart guy or one that keeps up) it seems that finding a way to compare apples with apples would be half the battle.

    It is like knowing how much booze was sold during proabition compared to how much was sold before.

    Is there really an increase in things like autism or is it more of a case of more people getting diagnosed now and more things falling under the umbrella now.

    I don't know but these are some of the things that circle around in my head when I hear all the numbers that get thrown around. I don't even know if it has anything to do with anything but is what I think.
    Cheers
    gww
    There is no question at all that many cases are now diagnosed as autism that would never have been diagnosed as such even 20 years ago. It is entirely unclear if there has been a real increase in incidence or not. What is 100% clear is vaccines have absolutely nothing at all to do with causing autism. I do believe in freedom to the extent that if a parent wishes to not vaccinate their kid I am ok with that. But, I also think society should be protected from such kids so the kids should be confined to the parents lot of land 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If for some reason they need medical attention the parents should either be required to get the kid vaccinated immediately or they can find a doctor that will make a home call. Those kids should not be allowed to have unvaccinated guests visit, they should not be allowed to go to school or the mall or movies or disney land. If the parents feel this is ok I am fine with them not vaccinating their kid.

    The idea that half of all kids will be autistic in 25 years is simply flat out nuts. No one with a brain thinks anything like that will happen.

  16. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    clifton hill mo usa
    Posts
    114

    Angry Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    [QUOTE=Richard Cryberg;1572021]What you cited is not science. At best it is unsubstantiated opinion. Science is published in peer reviewed journals. Who do you think turned Craven in to the EPA? Monsanto turned him in. Had Monsanto not turned him in there is no telling how many more years he would have dry labbed experiments before EPA caught up with what he was doing. Just like the SEC could not catch Madoff even after being told how he was cheating by a person in industry.

    Did you know there is a direct relationship between the % of cloudy weather where a kid lives and his or her odds of being autistic? Correlation does not prove causation. I can conclude that water is the cause of opium addiction because everyone addicted to opium drank water before he became addicted. Perfect correlation and perfect nonsense.

    There is zero scientific evidence that Roundup has anything at all to do with autism. Further, there is a mountain of scientific evidence that Roundup does not cause autism. That goes for every other pesticide on the market in the US and their non-relationship to autism. The multi generation feeding studies required as part of the registration package would clearly show any such relationship.

    Richard cry berg.. fitting name. you have high jacked a thread and I believe you are a troll. as far as prove. no holist doctors studies scientist or the medical field will approve. because their is big money in mosanto and health related problems. BIG MONEY .. I have been sent scientific information that I needed. all you all is an ego maniac. now go somewhere else . you have done nothing to prove your point but debate . your stuck on yourself. bye

  17. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    DuPage County, Illinois USA
    Posts
    12,001

    Exclamation Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    This thread is going way off base. If one wants to discuss autism, that has to be done in Tailgater. Autism and health of bees are not on the same plane. Thank you.
    Regards, Barry

  18. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lottsburg, Virginia USA
    Posts
    1,695

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Trying to reason with someone who has a closed mind is akin to administering medicine to a dead person.
    Johno

  19. #58
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Champaign, Illinois
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Officially the official story on most anything is officially correct. You can be a doubter of the official story but you will be labeled as a crack-pot loonie.

    Officially roundup is not carcinogenic (yet) and is safe to drink. (try and get someone to officially drink some)

    Officially GMO products are so safe that they need not be labeled and separated from the rest of the food we buy in a market.
    (or are they?)

    Roundup is a herbicide that doesn't kill bugs BUT the GMO plants that are not affected by roundup have their own insecticide built into the plants. The two are related when it comes to gathering nectar and pollen for a bee colony. That is the source of much of the confusion among beekeepers about what is bad for bees. The whole system is bad for bees but you can not prove what directly affects them (bees) the most so it's not worth the trouble of discussing (officially)
    Officially you have to be officially crazy to go after the people in charge of manufacturing the food we eat.
    "It's safe and there's tons of it (food) so quit belly-aching" is the official stance on this topic.
    Last edited by aunt betty; 08-11-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

  20. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland,Auckland,New Zealand
    Posts
    9,975

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis crutchfield View Post
    Richard cry berg.. fitting name. you have high jacked a thread and I believe you are a troll. as far as prove. no holist doctors studies scientist or the medical field will approve. because their is big money in mosanto and health related problems. BIG MONEY .. I have been sent scientific information that I needed. all you all is an ego maniac. now go somewhere else . you have done nothing to prove your point but debate . your stuck on yourself. bye
    LOL Dennis, must be tough being the only right thinking person in a world full of retards and bat infested bellfrys'
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-11-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

  21. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Marshall county, AL
    Posts
    3,404

    Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

    Just here for the ride.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •