scientist studies on gmo and roundup
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default scientist studies on gmo and roundup

i am looking for factual studies on gmo and roundup ready products in relation to bees. can anyone point me the right direction. my personal studies having concluded they will cause harm. but without a degree or government backing.. no one listens. thanks in advance. dennis

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: scientist studies on gmo and roundup

Quote Originally Posted by dennis crutchfield View Post
    i am looking for factual studies on gmo and roundup ready products in relation to bees. can anyone point me the right direction. my personal studies having concluded they will cause harm. but without a degree or government backing.. no one listens. thanks in advance. dennis
    The very best evidence is from commercial bee keepers who make their living in the middle of neonic, Roundup and GMO country. They will pretty much all tell you it has never in their life been as good as it is today for making honey. Specific to GMOs and Roundup they have all kinds of spring flowers in those treated fields today that they did not have before GMOs and Roundup and the result is spring build ups that are the best they have ever seen. I am talking about guys whose hives are surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of corn and beans in places like Ill and IA. So, not only is Roundup ready corn and beans an absolute boon for preserving and building soil quality and increasing the water storage capacity of soils there is no field evidence of harm to bees or humans. Everyone who works on farms knows this. The problem is only a couple of % of our population works on farms and has the slightest clue of how much better the environment is today versus only 20 years ago. A significant problem in farm country is our government going hog wild mowing and sometimes spraying ditches to make them look like lawns. This is recent and has destroyed a lot of wonderful honey bee capacity, not to mention the total disaster it has been for monarch butterflies. I will remind you that monarchs are 100% dependent on milk weeds. Milk weed never grew in fields to any significant extent. Try digging some and transplanting it and you will learn real fast why cultivation is simply death to milk weed. It has always been a ditch and fence row plant. The fence rows went away 50 years ago, way before Roundup and GMOs.

I am not wanting monstanto garbage. I live in a farming area and found out that round up and gmo does kill. if you haven't got a place for real studies don't answer with mosanto garbage. thanks

I am not wanting monstanto garbage. I live in a farming area and found out that round up and gmo does kill. if you haven't got a place for real studies don't answer with mosanto garbage. thanks
    That is really funny. You have no idea how much I dislike Monsanto, nor that I have disliked them this much since likely before you were even born.

Exactly what do you think Roundup and GMOs kill? Roundup is very good at killing annuals and non woody perennials that have fairly short root systems. In fact the formulation additives in Roundup are more toxic to insects and mammals than the active ingredient. The active is roughly as toxic on an acute basis as table salt. The GMO corn that includes the BT genes is pretty good at killing insects that feed on that corn. Feeding studies have clearly shown that the toxin has for practical purposes no toxicity to humans. To humans it is simply another protein source.

But, as long as your mind is made up there is there any purpose in talking about the real world? Just for the record I am a real scientist. Like PhD and a life time doing R&D on all kinds of products the vast majority having nothing to do with GMOs or Monsanto. I have authored a whole bunch of professional papers and have a couple of patents. I am retired now but still doing science with my own money and have a professional publication in the works right now. I have never worked for Monsanto and would never in my life even consider working for them personally. I have hired scientists away from Monsanto and that is as close as my association to the company has ever been. What are your credentials to make you an expert?

Just for the record most anything will kill you if you abuse it. Cars kill a bunch of people every single year. Pesticides kill zero people every year except for suicides. Did you know it is perfectly possible to sit down and drink enough water to kill yourself? It is possible and people have done it.

If I use the standard definition for GMO, namely an organism that has DNA incorporated into its chromosomes that did not come from its parents but came from some other species, did you know that YOU are a GMO product. As is every other person over age two or three. Did you know that some 25% or 30% of the DNA in cattle was transferred directly from snakes to cattle and therefore every steak you ever eat is partly snake and by any definition cattle are all GMO? Nature has been in the GMO business now for well over 3 billion years. Every food you eat is GMO and always has been. So get used to it.

Not as emphatic as Mr. Cryberg, but in general I agree. GMO beans and corn surround me where I sit now. Pretty much all of the corn and beans around here are GMO. Bees don't seem to mind. Last year my bees did a lot of work in the nearest soybean field.

I am wanting studies done. not what everyone thinks.. they are like arm pits everyone has them but they all stink.. please no comments other than what was asked for. please.

how many hives do you have and how many years have you been in the bee business?

I am looking for studies on round up ready gmo products. I am not a sheeple as you seem to be. so if you don't have the reports please go some where else
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cryberg View Post
    That is really funny. You have no idea how much I dislike Monsanto, nor that I have disliked them this much since likely before you were even born.

Exactly what do you think Roundup and GMOs kill? Roundup is very good at killing annuals and non woody perennials that have fairly short root systems. In fact the formulation additives in Roundup are more toxic to insects and mammals than the active ingredient. The active is roughly as toxic on an acute basis as table salt. The GMO corn that includes the BT genes is pretty good at killing insects that feed on that corn. Feeding studies have clearly shown that the toxin has for practical purposes no toxicity to humans. To humans it is simply another protein source.

But, as long as your mind is made up there is there any purpose in talking about the real world? Just for the record I am a real scientist. Like PhD and a life time doing R&D on all kinds of products the vast majority having nothing to do with GMOs or Monsanto. I have authored a whole bunch of professional papers and have a couple of patents. I am retired now but still doing science with my own money and have a professional publication in the works right now. I have never worked for Monsanto and would never in my life even consider working for them personally. I have hired scientists away from Monsanto and that is as close as my association to the company has ever been. What are your credentials to make you an expert?

Just for the record most anything will kill you if you abuse it. Cars kill a bunch of people every single year. Pesticides kill zero people every year except for suicides. Did you know it is perfectly possible to sit down and drink enough water to kill yourself? It is possible and people have done it.

If I use the standard definition for GMO, namely an organism that has DNA incorporated into its chromosomes that did not come from its parents but came from some other species, did you know that YOU are a GMO product. As is every other person over age two or three. Did you know that some 25% or 30% of the DNA in cattle was transferred directly from snakes to cattle and therefore every steak you ever eat is partly snake and by any definition cattle are all GMO? Nature has been in the GMO business now for well over 3 billion years. Every food you eat is GMO and always has been. So get used to it.

I am looking for studies on round up ready gmo products. I am not a sheeple as you seem to be. so if you don't have the reports please go some where else
    You have adequately demonstrated already just by posting your question you do not know enough science to understand the truth anyhow. If you knew that much you would know how to search the literature on you puter and get real scientific publications on any topic you are interested in. You obviously do not know how to do such searches.

How do you feel now that you know you are a GMO? Does it bother you at all? How do you feel now that you know all cattle are GMO and every other food you have ever eaten is GMO? What is wrong with GMO in your mind? How is it harming you? Are you so prone to believe conspiracy nonsense you are anti vaccine also? How about that guy on the grassy knoll?

Crutchfield>> if you don't want any dialog, which usually leads to the studies you seek, then do the research yourself.

Woodbridge, VA (But planning to move to NW Louisiana soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cryberg View Post
    Did you know that some 25% or 30% of the DNA in cattle was transferred directly from snakes to cattle and therefore every steak you ever eat is partly snake and by any definition cattle are all GMO?

Don't tell my daughters, they'll become permanent vegans.

Quote Originally Posted by clyderoad View Post
    Crutchfield>> if you don't want any dialog, which usually leads to the studies you seek, then do the research yourself.
    I'll help him on his journey

https://scholar.google.com/
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Monsanto is a leading producer of genetically engineered (GE) seed and Roundup, a glyphosate-based herbicide. Monsanto has agreed to accept Bayer's offer to purchase the company for $66 billion ($128/share) in September 2016, and the deal is currently pending regulatory approval.https://actions.sumofus.org/a/bayer-bees-lawsuit Bayer sueing "Save the Bees org"
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...fter-bee-study Bayer facing pressure over pesicides after bee study.

Realistically can we fight big companies and actually win? Some say yes and some say no. What matters I believe is that we don't sit on the sidelines. Be pro active if that's your wish. I personally never looked at the chemical market as "HOLY COW" that's a lot of pesticides at the big box stores until I was a bee keeper. The most good that I have done as a pro active bee keeper not going after the source of the problem being the large corporations is that my voice says a lot in educating anyone that cares to listen. That being that just putting any fertilizer or spraying anything poisonous has it's problems. Neighbor puts fertilizer, weed killer and poison on grass. Then sprays poison for general purpose for bugs. Overwaters in the AM. Bees drink that water and later on a bee hive dies from the poisoned water. I am not saying it happened to me personally, but I have known this is possible. Just one instance of a possibility. It all starts with educating the general public. I believe that just with a little bit of information that the general public will understand that nature is indeed in balance and when you turn the balance to either side more problems occur.

how many hives do you have and how many years have you been in the bee business?
    600 give or take. Bee yards I have in/near ag fields do better then bees I have in the hills. You can look at satellite imagery of my location and see that everything south of Frankfort is mostly hills and woods, north is beans and corn. North of Frankfort yards do better then southern yards every year on productivity and winter survivability. Doing my own study and research I have found that GMO and round-up actually benefits honey bees. I literally loaded up bees from the hills this year to purposely move them into soybean fields. I have never seen a pesticide kill or colony collapse disorder.

lol, think he's only interested in the anti Monsanto studies

A significant problem in farm country is our government going hog wild mowing and sometimes spraying ditches to make them look like lawns.
    Dick ( Richard Cryberg) this is the problem here making many species extinct.

I remember posting a link which explained that the chemicals are accumulating in the flowers nearby a sprayed field via air drifting , the amount of chemicals being much higher there.

Do you have any experience concerning this? If you are a farmer in germany law says to provide such blooming field stripes near your fields as a compensation.

Is this the sort of thing your after

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...no-bee-killer/

Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    Is this the sort of thing your after

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...no-bee-killer/
    Not really. I know about the pro and cons and IMHO itīs the mixtures and the doses of chemicals which are probably dangerous.

What interests me more are the buffer zones.

For many years now I collected weeds and wild plants to eat or make tea of. They were always easy to find, even without being near a sprayed field. All this weeds in rural areas they were blooming and always I saw bees on them.
    Now the rural areas are "managed" which means they are mowed or sprayed. You are happy to find some goldenrod.

The compensation are the planted buffer zones. And I read that these have a much higher chemical input than the fields, or, maybe they bloom and the bees are on them not on the fields.

Our fields are harvested ( clover) mostly before blooming, they are used for silage. The blooming fields are an exception, but rape and some fertilization plants are still there.

Some people argue, with roundup used the wild bees have more open soil for nesting. Kind of cynical, if the flow is killed and the wild bees starve.

To CCD:
    Indeed, most experts agree that the cause was likely multifactoral, citing a combination of stressors that include pests and pathogens, disease, nutrition, genetics, environmental exposures and commercial bee hive management practices.
    Glyphosat could be more dangerous to humans than insects. Letīs see what future brings.
    Last edited by 1102009; 08-08-2017 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling

i looked at it , and yes I want factual stuff to look at pro and con. but you couldn't trace much back from what he said. thanks anyway

when I hear someone brag about being a scientist, I laugh... they are the ones promoting global warming... delusional at best. I did find some studies on what I was looking for without the private studies promoted by Monsanto.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast