Lab got sprayed by shunk last night

Default Lab got sprayed by shunk last night

What a night! I let her out for her nightly bathroom time and she starts barking like crazy. She comes back and I smell it . Oh no... A trip to the only open store at midnight for some hydrogen peroxide. Mixed up a quart + 1/4 cup baking soda and a few teaspoons dish soap. Scrubbed vigorously, left it on 20 mins. Put my nose up close and smell was gone! What a pain but ended well. I also immediately took some paper towels and wiped her fur, maybe that helped.

This morning I really couldn't smell anything. I suspect its there a little but last night it was awful. I have smelled skunk before many times but this was not like that. I guess I have never been around fresh spray. It smelled chemical like if that makes any sense. I hope she learned her lesson but somehow I don't think so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Lab got sprayed by shunk last night

maybe that's why your hives were a bit on the hot side last time you went into them?
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

My wife let our dog out one morning and let him back in as she said, "It smells like a skunk out here." The dog runs in the bedroom and jumps on the bed and starts wiping his face on the covers as the skunk smell quickly fills the room. What a way to be woken up in the morning.

The recipe you mention is what we have used in the past to get rid of the smell. Sometimes it takes a couple of "baths" in it to get the job done.

My lab did the exact same thing... wipe her face, but on the carpet. Soon as I saw this I stopped her and grabbed the paper towels.

Hi Mike! This was actually in the back yard in NJ.. not by my hives! Not at all sure how the skunk got back there, how it got out.