Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Cheapest places to buy plastic bottles???

29K views 59 replies 20 participants last post by  Munson 
#1 ·
Hi guys I got 3 supers full of capped honey in my 1 hive and plan to extract some soon what's the cheapest place to buy plastic bottles? I don't like the bear bottles so if ppl know sites with only them please don't add a name or link!!

Some research I've done I'll pay around $1 per bottle with cap seem right or little expensive?

Looking for 10oz bottles (which I believe is 1lb of honey??)

Thanks everyone

#7 ·
Normally I would agree but their prices for bottles has gone nuts.
BTW - how come some suppliers show 1lb, 12 oz and 16oz bottles? If I buy a 12oz bottle am I getting 12 fluid (water) oz or 12 oz honey weight size?

#50 ·
This is the bottle I use. I sent the link and the first few bottles are bears but I just use this bottle with the flip cap. 225 bottles for $67. I have not found them cheaper other than non food grade. Plus, I did receive a package of 25 caps that were wrong so they sent me another 225 caps since they messed up stating " they wanted me to be happy".
http://www.sailorplastics.com/clear-oval-honey-jar-16-oz-ov-1j-38-400/
But, local honey does sale in this area for $15 a pound all day long and some shops are selling it for $18.

#18 ·
Been attacked by a bear dude? I don't understand the bias... Most people associate honey with Winnie the Pooh. As for no free shipping on the bottles... I ordered 24 1 pound bottles not long ago with some frames and other items and paid no shipping for the 100 and some odd dollar order.

Just trying to help here.

The 1 pound bottles I ordered were not bears by the way... Just happened to be on sale at the time so I went with them. :D

#20 ·
I've already been on the phone with mann lake and they claim bottles don't qualify for free shipping. U might be able to get free shipping on the 24 pack bottles but not the bulk bottles. And the 24 packs are to expensive in my opinion $0.81 per bottle

As for the bears I just don't like them. Think it's a retarded idea (my opinion:thumbsup:)

The bottles at mann lake if u buy bulk break down to $0.53 per bottle and if u got to pay the $63 shipping makes them way to expensive $0.68. I am trying to bottle for under $0.50 per not counting labels!!

#39 ·
I've already been on the phone with mann lake and they claim bottles don't qualify for free shipping. U might be able to get free shipping on the 24 pack bottles but not the bulk bottles. And the 24 packs are to expensive in my opinion $0.81 per bottle
It's the glass jars that don't qualify for free shipping.Plastic ships free.

#21 ·
Hmmm...? Strange...

I have never looked into the larger numbers of bottles. Haven't got that many hives yet. Those bottles with lids weigh practically nothing. It would seem they would ship them for free even if a person bought 10,000 of them. How many bottles do you get in the mann lake bulk pack. The box that my 24 pack came in weighed as much as the bottles themselves. Makes no sense.:scratch:

#22 ·
The carriers like UPS & Fedex etc charge by a concept called "dimensional weight" (dim weight), so a shipment that has a large volume, but low weight still gets charged a 'normal' fee. The space inside a truck is limited just like the maximum weight is limited and space is not 'free', even if the weight is low.

Here is UPS's version of how it works: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/determine-billable-weight.page

Other carriers are similar.

#28 ·
So are those that sell 1lb honey bottles buying the 12oz size? is this the standard across all plastic bottle vendors? I know to use 12oz Mann Lake for my 1lb honey but if I switch i don't want to get a 12oz bottle and have it weigh 12oz after being filled with honey.
Thanks

#29 ·
Tibbigt. You really cannot go wrong with Gamber container in Lancaster Pa. Their 1 pound inverted bottles with cap and pressure seal safety lining in bulk or their 12 oz bottles are the best deal you will find if you can use the number. We buy their 2 pound bottles too. The shipping averages about $40.00 to My location about 2 hours west of you on the bulk orders. They will gladly give you a call back with the exact cost of shipping!

#30 ·
Thanks for the information regarding Gamber. I just sent them an email so hopefully they will call me back tomorrow.
They list, as one of their distributors Brushy Mountain. I suppose this means they are the manufacturer for them. I wonder if they offer bottles at a cheaper rate than Brushy?
Can you tell me what "oz" bottle you order for your 1 lb honey bottles?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.