Cheapest places to buy plastic bottles??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Cheapest places to buy plastic bottles???

Did u call them? Because I did!!! And they said no free shipping on bulk

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gone2seed View Post
    It's the glass jars that don't qualify for free shipping.Plastic ships free.

Not in bulk... Box must be way too big to ship economically. That's what Tig is looking at... Buying the large number to get his cost to where he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by westtnbeekeeper View Post
    Not in bulk... Box must be way too big to ship economically. That's what Tig is looking at... Buying the large number to get his cost to where he wants to be.

Good gravy this has gotten confusing. Maybe this will help:
    Gamber bottle specs are FOR HONEY WEIGHT. NOT fluid (water) ounces. A 12 oz Gamber HONEY container will hold 12oz of HONEY NOT WATER.
    Mann Lake does NOT OFFER FREE SHIPPING ON BULK BOTTLES OF ANY KIND. Glass and or plastic IN BULK do not qualify for free shipping.
    I just attempted to place an order with Gamber. I also emailed yesterday and received no reply. I first called today while driving and was told to call back with bottle description or bottle product number. I said I was seeking assistance in selecting the product but the CS agent didn't seem interested in educating me just for the sake of making the company money. I called again later and was told that all CS agents were busy and that they will be closing , "in two minutes". This is total BS IMO. It is BAD customer service. I'll still pursue the order with Gamber IF I can get a good price delivered BUT it is still BAD CS. If I had a prospective $1k order on the line I would stay an extra 5 minutes to speak with the customer. I know this isn't a huge order but it may turn out to be one day. Unreturned emails is a sure sign of bad CS IMO. When an email inquiring about the purchase of a product goes unreturned IMO it says the company could not care less about a sale.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    I said I was seeking assistance in selecting the product but the CS agent didn't seem interested in educating me just for the sake of making the company money. .
    Hummmmm! I have always gotten good customer service from them. They have been very pleasant and helpful every time I have called. If they were not I would never recommend them. Because I myself do not put up with that sort of thing.

BTW you may have gotten a receptionist who May be mew or something. When you speak to the actual office rep let her know your concerns> I am willing to bet they will address it.

I buy bears form a local container guy....400 for $115 plus caps....total $155

so .38 each...not bad.

but the question is ....bear or glass jar....which one is your customer using quicker??????

one that they can squeeze?.....or one they have to pour or dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    BTW you may have gotten a receptionist who May be mew or something. When you speak to the actual office rep let her know your concerns> I am willing to bet they will address it.
    Perhaps this is true however today still no email returned and no returned phone call so? The fact that I can't just go online and place an order is a bummer too. I didn't get back home today in time to phone them but hopefully soon. I have a feeling the shipping will be a deal breaker anyway but we will see.

I haven't received a response either

This is the bottle I use. I sent the link and the first few bottles are bears but I just use this bottle with the flip cap. 225 bottles for $67. I have not found them cheaper other than non food grade. Plus, I did receive a package of 25 caps that were wrong so they sent me another 225 caps since they messed up stating " they wanted me to be happy".
    http://www.sailorplastics.com/clear-...-ov-1j-38-400/
    But, local honey does sale in this area for $15 a pound all day long and some shops are selling it for $18.
    Nate Henderson
    "I hate being stung out of ignorance, but it sure happens a lot"

Gambler got back to me, told me to pound sand and go buy from Danant or Mann lake

sailor plastics it is, just placed a nice easy online order, 1# oval pet works out out to about $0.54 each shipped with caps.
    But a bummer as I was very instred in the gambler inverted 1# with the dripless cap.
    Last edited by msl; 07-13-2017 at 02:38 PM.

I ordered bottles from Sailor Plastics too. The price, with the estimated shipping, would have been .54/ea however the price ended up being more once I checked out. I guess the estimated shipping is for pick up at the local UPS facility and the price delivered to my door ended up taking the price to about .59 cents /ea.
    Still much cheaper than Mann Lake. Who knows what the price might have been from Gamber. They don't need the business obviously so good for them.

I ran in to the same thing... the shipping estmite was about $5 lower then it was at check out.

Quote Originally Posted by msl View Post
    I ran in to the same thing... the shipping estmite was about $5 lower then it was at check out.
    $5? Come on ppl $0.02 per bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbigt View Post
    $5? Come on ppl $0.02 per bottle
    Honestly, in my case the difference was over .05 per bottle. I still ordered the bottles so I am not broken up about it. I mainly made note of the point here as a heads up for others.
    Generally I am terrible with money. I don't shop price and I don't plan my money well at all. I buy what I "need" when I need it and I don't wait for sales, clip coupons or do anything else to help me save money. For my honey sales however I am an almost complete 180* from my personal financial game plan. I sell honey to raise money for a cancer foundation and I am a huge PIA cheapskate about it. I have no idea why I am SO different from this with my personal money situation. If I were like this in both respects I would be MUCH better off financially than I am. I have always viewed money as a real PIA.

Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    Honestly, in my case the difference was over .05 per bottle. I still ordered the bottles so I am not broken up about it. I mainly made note of the point here as a heads up for others.
    Generally I am terrible with money. I don't shop price and I don't plan my money well at all. I buy what I "need" when I need it and I don't wait for sales, clip coupons or do anything else to help me save money. For my honey sales however I am an almost complete 180* from my personal financial game plan. I sell honey to raise money for a cancer foundation and I am a huge PIA cheapskate about it. I have no idea why I am SO different from this with my personal money situation. If I were like this in both respects I would be MUCH better off financially than I am. I have always viewed money as a real PIA.

U said the estimate was $5 cheaper then it ended up being that's where I got the $0.02 per bottle. If it's was another number maybe it would make a difference. In my opinion if u can bottle and label for under $1 then ur good. I am going to label and bottle for around $0.73 per bottle and that's custom made labels.

Hi.....who has a bee supply store in Lancaster, PA.......and, where is it located???

http://www.sailorplastics.com/pet-pl...-bottles-jars/
    .47 cents with caps and shipping.

Anyone buy labels for the Sailor oval bottles? I am wondering what is a good size label. My previous labels were square and I don't want to order them again because they don't fit the oval bottle.
    How about boxes for these same bottles?
    Thanks

I have been buying the 1 lb (12 oz) sailor oval pet honey jar with yellow flip cap. Comes in a case of 225. It works well with Avery 22808 or 22830 2.5" labels which also comes in packs of 225. Nice how that works out. Takes a bit of fuss to make a nice label clear to the edge but looks nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123