Cheapest places to buy plastic bottles??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Cheapest places to buy plastic bottles???

Hmmm...? Strange...

I have never looked into the larger numbers of bottles. Haven't got that many hives yet. Those bottles with lids weigh practically nothing. It would seem they would ship them for free even if a person bought 10,000 of them. How many bottles do you get in the mann lake bulk pack. The box that my 24 pack came in weighed as much as the bottles themselves. Makes no sense.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

The carriers like UPS & Fedex etc charge by a concept called "dimensional weight" (dim weight), so a shipment that has a large volume, but low weight still gets charged a 'normal' fee. The space inside a truck is limited just like the maximum weight is limited and space is not 'free', even if the weight is low.

Here is UPS's version of how it works: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...le-weight.page

Other carriers are similar.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbigt View Post
    Thanks. I live near state college. Lancaster is about 3hrs away. Do they got any other stores besides Lancaster?
    No, but if you call they may ship and since you're close it may pay.
    Dan Boylan, When in doubt "It's mites".

Weather they want it or not no bear period!!!!! If they want local honey from me they won't be getting a bear.

And mann lake don't offer free shipping on bottles.
    I've never paid shipping from ML.

Again read the website!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bulk containers don't qualify for free shipping!!!! U can also call like I have.

Any idea on their pressure sensitive liners for their caps ? I thought pressure sensitive liners were for dry goods and lasted only a few months

So are those that sell 1lb honey bottles buying the 12oz size? is this the standard across all plastic bottle vendors? I know to use 12oz Mann Lake for my 1lb honey but if I switch i don't want to get a 12oz bottle and have it weigh 12oz after being filled with honey.
    Thanks
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Tibbigt. You really cannot go wrong with Gamber container in Lancaster Pa. Their 1 pound inverted bottles with cap and pressure seal safety lining in bulk or their 12 oz bottles are the best deal you will find if you can use the number. We buy their 2 pound bottles too. The shipping averages about $40.00 to My location about 2 hours west of you on the bulk orders. They will gladly give you a call back with the exact cost of shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    Tibbigt. You really cannot go wrong with Gamber container in Lancaster Pa. Their 1 pound inverted bottles with cap and pressure seal safety lining in bulk or their 12 oz bottles are the best deal you will find if you can use the number. We buy their 2 pound bottles too. The shipping averages about $40.00 to My location about 2 hours west of you on the bulk orders. They will gladly give you a call back with the exact cost of shipping!
    Thanks for the information regarding Gamber. I just sent them an email so hopefully they will call me back tomorrow.
    They list, as one of their distributors Brushy Mountain. I suppose this means they are the manufacturer for them. I wonder if they offer bottles at a cheaper rate than Brushy?
    Can you tell me what "oz" bottle you order for your 1 lb honey bottles?
    Thanks
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Prices from Gamber. 12oz bottle 167.94 per case. 420 in a case. Per bottle $0.39 with lids, not counting shipping

http://www.gambercontainer.com/store...oz-pet-classic

I order the 1 pound inverted honeycomb bottles, http://www.gambercontainer.com/store...rtible-bottles

They are a bit more but the caps are dripless, as where the caps that come with the classic are not.
    365 inverted bottles with pressure seal dripless caps delivered to my door rum me $0.65 each and the 12 oz. without the dripless lids but with pressure seal run $0.50 each. I would suspect your shipping would be similar.

All Gamber "Honey" bottles are sold by the weight of the honey they hold so a 16 oz. bottle will not be 16 fluid Oz. but 1 pound of honey by weight.

These are the 1 pound pet plastic bottles without dripless caps and a pressure seal.
    http://www.gambercontainer.com/store...oz-pet-classic

So the 16oz containers hold 1lb of honey and not 16 fluid oz?

Yes, honey is sold by weight not volume.

Quote Originally Posted by John Davis View Post
    Yes, honey is sold by weight not volume.
    Yeah I get that but im asking if that container tenbears was talking about was 12oz for a pound of honey or 16oz for a pound

You can always fall back on glass mason jars 12 each for $9 at retail. If you can get wholesale you might beat plastic price.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPlanter View Post
    You can always fall back on glass mason jars 12 each for $9 at retail. If you can get wholesale you might beat plastic price.
    That was the original plan to use but then I started thinking they will be a lot more messy with not having pouring caps on top so I decided not to go that route.

On the Gamber website -products-it states honey containers are shown by weight

I've already been on the phone with mann lake and they claim bottles don't qualify for free shipping. U might be able to get free shipping on the 24 pack bottles but not the bulk bottles. And the 24 packs are to expensive in my opinion $0.81 per bottle
    It's the glass jars that don't qualify for free shipping.Plastic ships free.
    54+ years 16 colonies Treat using OAV
    http://99-40.com

Thanks for the link. I would be interested if shipping to my location would be worth buying a huge number of bottles to have on hand. I really like the plastic bottles as they are not as heavy as glass and I don't have to worry about dropping them as much. I carry 5 or 6 jars or bottles in to work with me at a time and sell most of what I produce that way. The bottles are much more convenient to dispense from for me as well. I always end up dripping some on the counter when I try to spoon honey from jars.

I might not have looked in the right place but I never saw which bottles included lids or if there was an option that lids were included with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast