Inspection 11 - I'm not going into the hive as often as I did in the summer, now. They have completely stopped drawing out new comb and are backfilling used brood comb. I also saw the results of my earlier mismanagement. In the back of the brood nest I had inserted an empty top bar during inspection 9. The temperatures dropped from aroun 21-25C to barely 15-17C during daytime and around 7-10C in the night. So when I inspected the last comb of brood nest, it had about 1-2% of dead bees in the cells. Most of them had started chewing at the caps, few had their heads almost out and few were still capped but seemed fully developed. I'm gu ssing the nurse bees stopped keeping the brood warm after most f them had emerged and moved on to more important business. These unfortunate ones were left behind as collateral damage.
I removed the empty bar and rearranged all the drawn and half drawn combs at th back of the hive so that the smallest combs are at the very end.
As for the sensors, I've been trying to come up with a way to use the load cells with my existing hive but does not look like its happening. Looks like the best bet is to build the next hive with load cells in mind. Right now I'm thinking of having about 10mm of vertical play between the hive body and legs for my new hive. So the load cells get pinched between the bottom board and a support attatched to the legs.
For the time being I'm going to settle with 4 temp sensors and one temp/humidity sensors inside the hive. In addition I'm going to have one temp sensor above the top bars, below the roof and one compleptely outside the hive for ambient readings.
I have the code part done and tested, currently working on fitting everything in a suitable enclosure.