I'll tell you what, the second year of beekeeping is a lot tougher than the first.
What I consider our main hive has swarmed...probably twice.
There are queen cells in there now that are capped. I elected to go in today to inspect what was going on. I discovered about 3 queen cells on the top brood box and 6-10 in the bottom. I've heard piping in there both a couple of weeks ago and today. I was told that piping can come from an umemerged queen and that the workers can keep the queens in the cells for an extended period causing several swarms.
From the hip I decided to start tearing down the queen cells myself. I believe I got all the ones from the lower box. I put them in a jar. I left the three in the upper box...not sure why.
Closed everything back up and was about to head into work. My wife noticed what looked like a queen in the jar. I came over and sure enough there she was a fresh virgin queen along with a handful of nurse bees. We took out the remaining cells and put some holes in the lid. I then went back out to the yard and created a nuc from another hive. I figure I'll try to put the virgin in this evening to see if they will accept her.
At this point I have no idea what I am doing.