Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

3 Frame root style extractor help

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  couesbro 
#1 · (Edited)
Another club member gave me the extractor. Looks like fun and I will fix & lend it out to other members who do not need the club's larger extractor.

No label on extractor, the shadow of the label was roughly a 2.5 x 3 rectangle so I do not think it was a true Root. Honey gate looks like one though. All casting #s begin with 48 if that means anything to anyone.

Yes I will food grade epoxy it.
The lower bearing (sleeve) is the duplicate of the upper pictured. How tight was the clearance originally? How tight is yours? No longer have inner mics but about a 1/16th now. I am thinking of a pex tubing sleeve on the shaft to tighten that up a bit.
The upper bearing is a roller, which does not look like it has ever been greased. It also has enough slop to give a little clunk. Anybody tried to get a replacement and know what is available? Certainly is functional as is and food grade grease would keep it forever, but I would rather not risk removing & damaging it just to get some #'s.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-mounted-bearings/=18dpyel

McMaster-Carr may have a bearing that will work.

Mann-Lake has food grade grease available in addition to the Cam-Cote epoxy.

Does yours have the perforated basket that can be used as a wax capping spinner also? Does it have 3 frames that hang on the inner basket?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.