Beesuit zippers

Thread: Beesuit zippers

Default Beesuit zippers

I'm in the market for a beesuit. I've bought quite a number off ebay in the past, and they often break too soon, especially the zippers.

Now I'm seeking to spend more money to acquire something that will actually last longer than a year. I'm paying close attention to the zippers, since they're the weak part of the suit.

I've read lots of good things about Ultrabreeze suits; they have a strong, brass zipper that's very appealing, but the suit is shockingly expensive and seems to have issues shipping internationally.

Now I've found a number of I suppose more midrange suits, that have a plastic YKK zipper, which are being advertised as a quality, durable zipper; I've done my research and spoken to a person who's knowledgeable about zippers, and such has indicated that the YKK zippers are indeed quality and strong.

Now my knowledgeable friend told me that I'm best to stick with a metal zipper, as they're simply much stronger than the plastic ones, but I'm having difficulties finding suits with a metal zipper.

Does anyone have any experience with these plastic YKK zippers? Should I stick to purchasing exclusively suits with metal zippers?

In case it's of interest, the suit that I'm considering purchasing, with the alleged strong, plastic YKK zipper, is here:

http://www.beekeepinggear.com.au/pro...ers-super-cool

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Beesuit zippers

Clearly sustainable on this site. Vented bee suit $115 heavy duty zippers.

A new brass zipper, installed by a seamstress, at my wife's dry cleaners cost me $15.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ethanhogan View Post
    Clearly sustainable on this site. Vented bee suit $115 heavy duty zippers.
    Can you link me?