Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Interested in Local Beeswax (California)

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  beepro 
#1 ·
Hello my name is Alice and I've been reaching out to find local beekeepers from California who engage in bee friendly, safe and organic practices who might be interested in selling their beeswax. Do you sell beeswax (preferably filtered) or might know of a fellow beekeeper who might?

Thanks I appreciate your time.

#5 · (Edited)
Those sample are being pull out of the brood nest. 90% of USA beeswax that is being sold is capping beeswax. Not old brood combs. So what you are saying is, this study is what all beeswax is?:scratch:

I'm sorry I stopped reading after reading CCD.

Second generation honey producer still using the same brood combs my parents brought from an old beekeeper 40+ years ago.

#6 ·
This season the bees made many drawn frames. Many of them have the wax foundation all wired in. If the wax is contaminated then
the larvae and broods will never survived. The Germany post is a good example of contaminated wax they bought. Coming from a reputable
bee company in business for many years here I'm sure their wax is clean and usable. I have not use any chemical or organic treatment for 3 seasons already. So not all wax are contaminated even though my bees forage within a 3 mile radius. If what they carry in is contaminated I will see sign of hive trouble soon. So far everything is still growing as natural as possible!

#7 · (Edited)
This season the bees made many drawn frames. Many of them have the wax foundation all wired in. If the wax is
contaminated then the larvae and broods will never survived. The Germany post is a good example of contaminated wax they bought. Coming from a
reputable bee company in business for many years here I'm sure their wax is clean and usable. I have not use any chemical or organic treatment for 3 seasons already. So not all wax are contaminated even though my bees forage within a 3 mile radius. If what they carry in is contaminated I will see sign of hive trouble soon. So far everything is still growing as natural as possible!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.