Quick vaporizer timing question.

Default Quick vaporizer timing question.

From a sticky board count I was afraid I had a vora problem in my Carni hive. They are doing much better but still not up to snuff. Did a sugar roll couple days ago. 1/2 cup bees= 4 mites. Time to treat. Does the time of day make any difference ie late when all are in the hive or since it's brood centered do it any time? Also this time of year, 3 times 7 days apart correct? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Quick vaporizer timing question.

Early in the morning before they start to fly will get the most coverage.
    Frank

Kind of what I was thanking. I have 2 hives. One supposed to bee Italian I started as package month and half ago. They also sell Russian nuks. They have filled to boxes and added 3ed yesterday after doing roll. One mite. Stung 9 times threw suit. Mean witches but only if opening hive. Figure hybrid. Carni girls are the sweetest things in the world but just added 2nd box and they are the ones that are supposed to explode. Hoping oxalic vaping the mites helps them out. Thanks

Three treatments five to seven days apart will get most of them. Just do it! Four is too many.

Deed is done. Got to work tomorrow so waited till dark and vaped them. Worked great. I build my own hives and threw no intentional design my screen bottom let's me slide the vaporizer right in and by leaving a small space I can watch the vaporization. As soon as it started smoking I unplugged it then when it started falling off plugged it back. Got almost 5 minutes of good smoke coming out of all the cracks. Mites on the bees should be toast. Will hit them again in about a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just some thoughts on OAV scheduling:

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ive-with-brood
    --shinbone
    (1975-1980, and now since 2011; maintain about 10 hives; Zone 5b; 15" rain; 5500')

Interesting read! So for someone like me where my bee yard is in my own yard and treatment is easy, any disadvantages to the 7/3 days apart? Carnies were package and at this stage no way I'm robbing them this year.

All set to treat and they are putting up fall honey, which I am going to steal some of. gotta wait. There is brood in all my hives anyway
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.