A journey of bee-catching, and wasp/hornet killing - Dan's Rosie Bee Service blog

Default A journey of bee-catching, and wasp/hornet killing - Dan's Rosie Bee Service blog

For the past 2 full bee-seasons (May-ish through October) and 1 half season before, we have been removing swarms of honeybees, a few cut-out's, and many a wasp/hornet nest for people.
    Now, I intend to post here the jobs we do, with photo's as a record of all our hard work.

We get "bee calls" from people through an online advertising service, mainly aimed at getting swarms of honeybees to the beekeeper. But, of course, many people have "bees" : when they really don't.

This portion of our story with bees is a much more prosperous one than our beekeeping side: as in the past 3 years, we have had plenty of swarms, we may even have 40 or so hives by now if they had all made it, but as of this post, we have 4 hives. 2 of which were collected this year...

here are a couple photo's from the two swarm catches mentioned above this year:

some of the photo's aren't working properly, so i will have to upload more tomorrow.
    Have 4 hives, as of 5/30/2017

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: A journey of bee-catching, and wasp/hornet killing - Dan's Rosie Bee Service blog

Downsize them!

Default Re: A journey of bee-catching, and wasp/hornet killing - Dan's Rosie Bee Service blog

What happened to all ur bees?

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    What happened to all ur bees?
    I appologise, really havent had time recently, and even when I did, it was late at night...

Our bees were doing fine, all the way up to january. Then, one by one all the way to march they died off... One, which was 7 miles from our house, we didn't get to early enough in the season, they may have starved out...
    The 4 double nucs, i thought we might lose, but then when our best hives went too, it was a big mystery...
    We went from 10 hives and 4 nucs to 2 hives that were as big as nucs...

Now we are rebuilding, and doing things a bit differently this year, like killing mites with OAV.