BeeThinking out of business, morphing into BeeBuild.com - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: BeeThinking out of business, morphing into BeeBuild.com

I'm with you, Tckmet - once burned, twice shy. This whole thing stinks, and i'm not buying the "Phoenix From The Ashes" schtick for one single second.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Ed Shearer's other business is a company that makes loans based on a business's accounts receivables. Here is the website ...

https://www.interfacefinancial.com/t...earer/clients/

My guess is that Ed (InterfaceFinancial) came across BeeThinking as BeeThinking was in the early stages of collapse and needed additional loans. Makes me wonder if InterfaceFinancial was the entity that foreclosed on BeeThinking.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    I just saw this on FB. Apparently a guy named Ed Shearer liked Bee Thinking, acquired all the assets during the foreclosure and asked Matt and Jill to come work for him to make BeeBuild a success.
    Really? The two people that ran the business into the ground and pissed off beekeepers across the US are going make his new business a success? Hey, its his money. First thing I would do is get rid of the baggage, then fix the pr nightmare by refunding open orders and replacing any component that was subpar. Otherwise, new name or not, the perception is business as usual and I dare say the outcome of that philosophy is quite clear.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Good catch Rader.
    Quality Top Bar Hives and Accessories
    http://www.organicbeehives.com/

Maybe this is the real reason:

1. Purchasing debt to relieve your tax burden. Buying a failing company with "debt" (especially if you can extinguish it by owning it yourself or negotiating settlement) can lower the net revenue that's taxable. Cancellation of Debt (COD) Income

2. Failing companies tend to have a reason for that failure. Often that reason can form the basis of a lawsuit. Purchasing a company allows you to pursue settlements and financial litigation victories.

Just my 2 cents again and I did a little research on Goolag and found this info and I am still looking at this as if the glass was half empty and there is another motive.

tckmet,

I don't think he bought their 'debt'. Rather he just bought the assets that sold after the bankruptcy of BeeThinking. He has no liabilities and nothing to negotiate. But he has any manufacturing equipment, tools, etc.

But where I think you missed on #1, you get 18 gold stars for #2, that is 10000000% right on target. No, he owes nobody anything. But with this move, he gets free the disdain of a galaxy of ticked off beekeepers.

This is as bad as if Hitler survived WW2, and later opened a chain of restaurants... success rate guesses? We'll see.

BeeBuild open for business: 8 frame deep sugar pine $ 48.00 unassembled (BeeBuild/BeeThinking)
    8 frame deep aromatic eastern red cedar wood Ozark Cedar Mom and Pop business $ 42.00 unassembled
    8 frame deep eastern white pine Kelly $ 22.95 unassembled
    8 frame deep select pine Dadant $ 19.42 unassembled
    8 frame deep commercial(unknown pine) Brushy Mountain $ 15.75 unassembled
    As I see it there are 2 groups of Bee keepers the Hobbyist and the Commercial folks and I could see someone paying a higher price for a hive/components from a manufacture that uses a higher grade wood/construction methods so he or she could place it in a garden setting or back yard and a business/advanced hobbyist using the less expensive products for a larger operation with all the added overhead involved with the operation and upkeep of the apiary. Point is what makes BeeBuild formally BeeThinking hives so much better and expensive compared to others?????
    I personally owned an Ozark Cedar Hive and was impressed with the build quality and materials(eastern red cedar) but unfortunately someone sprayed this hive and another bee keepers hive in my city last year and I had to destroy it because of the pestcide used, they did not touch the 2 commercial style hives that I had in the back yard because they were out of site in which I eventually changed over to Warre's from The Warre' Store this Spring. I would have bought them from Ozark but they discontinued their Warre' line. I am impressed with The Warre' Store's products, build quality, and customer service and continue to order from them. On a closing thought BeeBuild has such a high customer approval rating for its products in such a very short time since they opened.:
    Last edited by tckmet; 09-27-2017 at 03:15 AM.

I bought some hives from BeeThinking years ago. I was really impressed with the material and quality of the product. Loved the product and I still use them today with nothing more than a tung oil seal. They have held up beautifully in the harsh northern climate. I will NEVER purchase from BeeBuild. The prices are so far out of line now, I don't see how anyone would spend that kind of money for boxes. If I want cedar in the future, I will be buying from Ozark.

Sooo... Did they ever make thing right? The new site:
    https://beebuilt.com/pages/about-us

No they did not. And this year, we need to replace every lid we ever purchased from them because they're all falling apart. Shouldn't a lid last more than a year?

Quote Originally Posted by estreya View Post
    No they did not. And this year, we need to replace every lid we ever purchased from them because they're all falling apart. Shouldn't a lid last more than a year?
    Are those the peaked telescoping covers made of thin strips of wood? Flowhive has similar ones and I don't see them lasting a decade.

Bee Built is closing down. Offering 50% off on a very limited selection of stale inventory. 1/1/2019
    Hopefully this shut down is more controlled than the previous bankruptcy. Looks like the "Flow hive" killed yet another business.

Good riddance of this operation it was all a scam they stole from folks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345