DECT Phone Base causes CCD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: DECT Phone Base causes CCD

If I were to try to manage my bees based on all the latest (and older) fad "news" stories, I would go insane. I think my bees would lose their minds, too.

It smells like trolls in here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bucksbees View Post
    Are the resources organically sourced, and glutton free?
    We use the best Tin Foil there is. Without giving out all the details, Tin is left in the open to adapt to local conditions and radiation levels. And no GMO in the manufacturing process either.

But, ...is it sustainable?

Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

If the phone bases cause the bees to leave, if I put them in every room of my house would it make my adult kids leave? Just wishing, hoping and praying...

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Don't look now but according to the NASS since "CCD" was first reported, honey production colony numbers have increased from 2.4 to 2.8 million. The additional numbers being managed solely for pollination have undoubtedly increased as well as almond acreage has increased. http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/Mann...ocumentID=1191
    Recall that 97% of statistics are made up bs.
    United States Government NASS USDA statistics are 100% accurate?
    Somehow I doubt it.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by aunt betty View Post
    Recall that 97% of statistics are made up bs.
    United States Government NASS USDA statistics are 100% accurate?
    Somehow I doubt it.
    100% accurate? Ha ha, certainly not. A great number of beekeepers aren't even surveyed as this survey's purpose is to assess honey production and inventory and totally excludes beekeepers whose sole income is derived from pollination. But I do think it shows the general trend of hive numbers which is driven by economics more than anything else. My essential point is that honeybee populations arent proportionally declining with the advent of mobile phones.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    100% accurate? Ha ha, certainly not. A great number of beekeepers aren't even surveyed as this survey's purpose is to assess honey production and inventory and totally excludes beekeepers whose sole income is derived from pollination. But I do think it shows the general trend of hive numbers which is driven by economics more than anything else. My essential point is that honeybee populations arent proportionally declining with the advent of mobile phones.
    A valid point, but that statistic covers a broad range of gains versus losses. Mites and pesticides have not gone away. And now we've got people worried sick over Zika mosquitoes ... pesticide application companies are leaving leaflets on our door every week wanting to kill all our pesky bugs.

Do we still believe that feral honey bee populations are either non-viable or rarely so? Bees can only increase in population with the help of beekeepers? I'd propose that we've shifted our activities to a lot of splits, to make up for losses of all sorts.

I do not wear a tinfoil hat. (Don't know where I'd find it, or why aluminum would not work as well, but ... ) I do believe it is possible to do biological damage with radio waves. I believe that based on physics. I don't believe it is a major problem in most cases, or we'd have more glaring evidence, but I would not be surprised if accumulating evidence did show that holding a 3-watt cell phone to your head is unhealthy. A few mW from a wireless handset with a 30-meter range, not so much. And this thread concentrates on the 1.9 GHz band. That's one of four bands used for cordless handsets, and is not used much in the US. If there is a biological effect, it is strongly frequency-dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebee View Post
    I do believe it is possible to do biological damage with radio waves. I believe that based on physics.
    What does physics teach us? Well, for photons at UV or shorter wavelengths physics tells us those photons have enough energy to break chemical bonds. Photons in the visible spectra have enough energy to break very weak chemical bonds. Photons in the radio wavelengths have enough energy to excite molecular vibrational modes if the photon has the same energy as the vibrational mode, but no place close to enough energy to break any chemical bonds. Molecular vibrations are what we often call heat. This is how a microwave oven heats water. So, if 3 watts of heat next to your head is dangerous then a cell phone putting out three watts could also be dangerous if it happened to be closely tuned to the vibrational mode of some chemical in your head. As normal metabolism in your brain puts out about 20 watts I do not think an added three watts is much to worry about even if you spend two or three hours a day on the phone. Getting in a car or shower is a few million times more dangerous.

Its the vibrational modes. Exciting particular molecules, particularly within cell membranes, into strong vibration can cause the membrane to leak. Cell membranes are typically bilayers, in between which are highly polarized lipids. Just the thing to grab onto with RF and shake.

This is poorly studied. And studies on mice would mean nothing for bees or humans. Different molecules, which respond to different frequencies.

There's a lot of horse-hockey out there regarding Rife Frequencies. I'll start with the notion that they can heal. Mostly they harm, and can only heal if, for example, they harm a parasite instead of the host. But underneath all the scams and hocus-pocus, there are real phenomena at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12