DECT Phone Base causes CCD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DECT Phone Base causes CCD

This article suggests placing a DECT phone mobile station at the bottom of the hive caused CCD.
    http://www.i-sis.org.uk/MobilePhonesVanishingBees.php

DECT bases(the ones with phone jack at the back, not charging cradles) radiate 24/7, as long as power is plugged into them. All of them give off radiation at max power all the time, except for some Siemens Gigaset series. (To clarify, a home cordless phone is a DECT phone, so many people have one.)

The implications are big. If this is true, it means colonies close to a high strength cellular tower would be more likely to have CCD.

For those that move their bees from place to place: this would mean transporting bees while covered with RF shielding would keep them in better health because they would not be radiated by the hundreds of cell phone towers on the sides of the road. Shielding can be achieved with a reflective foil blanket, commonly called safety blanket for as little as $1-2.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: DECT Phone Base causes CCD

the shielding only works when used on humans who read spin, not the studys them self
    http://www.fosters.com/article/20070...S_01/104220119

To OP, I am about to publish a research paper that shows the ordinary reflective (tin) foil blanket would not suffice to shield anything above (and including) 3G radiation. I have patented a novel BTF (Bee Tin Foil) (TM) material and manufacturing technique that shields bee hives against possible radiation. Using my patented technology, you can talk unlimited on your cell phone while moving the bees around. I have 20% discount on orders of 1000 pieces or more.

If you order in next 1 day, we will double your order and include two HTF (Human Tin Foil) for two drivers at no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyNJ View Post
    To OP, I am about to publish a research paper that shows the ordinary reflective (tin) foil blanket would not suffice to shield anything above (and including) 3G radiation. I have patented a novel BTF (Bee Tin Foil) (TM) material and manufacturing technique that shields bee hives against possible radiation. Using my patented technology, you can talk unlimited on your cell phone while moving the bees around. I have 20% discount on orders of 1000 pieces or more.

If you order in next 1 day, we will double your order and include two HTF (Human Tin Foil) for two drivers at no extra charge.
    is it made in the USA or china? I won't buy any new technologies unless manufactured here, thank you very much
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    is it made in the USA or china? I won't buy any new technologies unless manufactured here, thank you very much
    Chinese Tin Foil hats are for Chinese Bees. For best efficacy, we manufacture and market Locally Adapted Tin Foil hats. so its all made right here in good 'ol USA.

A solution at last. The bees of the world thank you DaisyNJ .
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Total hogwash. The same claim was laid upon High tension power transmission lines a few years ago.
    Over 50% of homes in the US do not have landline telephone service. They are cellular only. Only a portion of those don't even have a cordless telephone, but plugged in phones. Cellular systems and residential cordless phones operate in different frequency bands and at different output power levels.
    To imply that the fact that some people have DECT phones in their homes or offices means that cell towers cause hive collapse is a ludicrous non sequitur. I have other uses for my foil.

The first post of Otterslide and it's about CCD and an article that was originally published in '07. Fast forward a decade No mention that a certified case of CCD hasn't been detected in almost 10 years. How have the bees not vanished without the reflective foil blankets since this article was first published?
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Don't look now but according to the NASS since "CCD" was first reported, honey production colony numbers have increased from 2.4 to 2.8 million. The additional numbers being managed solely for pollination have undoubtedly increased as well as almond acreage has increased. http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/Mann...ocumentID=1191
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by D Coates View Post
    The first post of Otterslide and it's about CCD and an article that was originally published in '07. Fast forward a decade No mention that a certified case of CCD hasn't been detected in almost 10 years. How have the bees not vanished without the reflective foil blankets since this article was first published?
    Not all bees travel across the country on trucks, and not all bees live very close to extremely strong EMF signals. I am certainly not saying EMFs are the single cause of CCD.

I posted this study to give people who care about bees an idea of one of the many things that *could* cause bee to stop coming back to the hive. I also thought it's a nice study because it can be easily duplicated by anyone who has bees.

Discoveries are often made when people try things that seem impossible.

I don't know all the stats on CCD(if it has not happened in 10 years, that's wonderful), I am simply posting this as an idea, to anyone who cares enough to experiment or take a look at the issue presented.

The article is old because nobody is doing research in this field. There is far more research into the effects of EMF on rats than bees. At least half the studies coming out recently show that rats are being affected. I thought as beekeepers, somebody on this forum may be interested into this subject.

Wikipedia:
    "In the six years leading up to 2013, more than 10 million beehives were lost, often to CCD, nearly twice the normal rate of loss.[9] "

So you're not even a beekeeper? You know nothing of CCD, the actual industry nor have any experience? Then you use an unsubstantiated Wikipedia quote to justify what, pushing your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Don't look now but according to the NASS since "CCD" was first reported, honey production colony numbers have increased from 2.4 to 2.8 million. The additional numbers being managed solely for pollination have undoubtedly increased as well as almond acreage has increased. http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/Mann...ocumentID=1191
    The number of colonies may have gone up, because they are being replaced, but I think yearly losses are still high.
    https://www.usda.gov/nass/PUBS/TODAYRPT/hcny0516.pdf

Losses:
    Jan - March, 500,000
    April-June , 352,860 lost.
    July-September, 457,100 lost.
    October-December, 412,380 lost.
    That's 1.7 million lost for 2015.

but those are not CCD losses
    Loss not attributable to varroa or nosema loads made up less then 20%. That includes starvation etc
    BTW....space blankets have almost zero shielding effect, witch is part of what made your post so funny.

Yes, I've battled yearly losses my entire beekeeping life. Point is beekeepers have adapted and no crops have gone unpollinated since we first heard about the disappearing bees.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by msl View Post
    but those are not CCD losses
    Loss not attributable to varroa or nosema loads made up less then 20%. That includes starvation etc
    BTW....space blankets have almost zero shielding effect, witch is part of what made your post so funny.
    You're right, space blankets are not good shielding. I have an EMF meter and have tested them only against very low RF fields. I just tested with higher strengths and they didn't shield well at all.
    Aluminium foil works much better, to the point that wrapping your cell phone in it causes the phone not to ring any more when you call it.

I found this link that says says 31% CCD for 2013, and 60% for 2008.
    https://www.epa.gov/pollinator-prote...lapse-disorder

If it's below 20% in 2015, then it sounds like CCD is disappearing, so my post may have only had the effect of being a little funny to some ..

As a consumer I try to keep informed, and news about CCD has spread to so many documentaries and news, that it makes it sound like a big issue.

Every time I heard about bees, I hear CCD.
    Even recent articles such as this one:
    http://www.tctimes.com/be-nice-to-be...8e3e06cbf.html
    Say Harvard thinks CCD is the greatest threat to bees.

"According to the Harvard Library, the greatest threat to bees in North America today is Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), the phenomenon where an entire hive of bees suddenly disappears without a trace."

It looks like maybe journalism has some catching up to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hops Brewster View Post
    Cellular systems and residential cordless phones operate in different frequency bands and at different output power levels.
    DECT Bases operate at 1.9ghz.
    The closest on a cell phone would be 1.8ghz.
    "As demand grew, carriers acquired licenses in the 1,800 MHz band."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies

Power levels at 2 meters from a DECT base are equivalent to 100-200meters from a cell tower. (Presentation by a certified EMF tester)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1mi8gwU0w&t=1420s

I'd be more interested in direct evidence of RF effects on tissue, such as cell death triggered by RF as indicated by tryphan blue stain.

I've been told, but have not tried it myself, that cell phone frequencies will cause pinhole leaks in brain tissue, clearly seen by observing brain tissue under a microscope with tryphan blue present. The effects are frequency-dependent. The mechanisms involve causing specific molecules, usually in cell membranes, to vibrate. DECT frequency studies would not indicate a problem with cell tower frequencies.

The problem with studies showing "CCD" caused by some effect like this is that the usual causes of hive problems are diseases carried by varroa mites and in some cases pesticide exposure, usually compounded by beekeeper stupidity. So placing a low-power RF device under a hive and then observing a problem with the hive does not, in itself, indicate cause and effect. I'd have to see a thorough and well-thought-out study, and then it must withstand well-reasoned challenges. I.e, science.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebee View Post
    I'd be more interested in direct evidence of RF effects on tissue, such as cell death triggered by RF as indicated by tryphan blue stain.

I've been told, but have not tried it myself, that cell phone frequencies will cause pinhole leaks in brain tissue, clearly seen by observing brain tissue under a microscope with tryphan blue present. The effects are frequency-dependent. The mechanisms involve causing specific molecules, usually in cell membranes, to vibrate. DECT frequency studies would not indicate a problem with cell tower frequencies.

The problem with studies showing "CCD" caused by some effect like this is that the usual causes of hive problems are diseases carried by varroa mites and in some cases pesticide exposure, usually compounded by beekeeper stupidity. So placing a low-power RF device under a hive and then observing a problem with the hive does not, in itself, indicate cause and effect. I'd have to see a thorough and well-thought-out study, and then it must withstand well-reasoned challenges. I.e, science.
    I think you are talking about leaks in the blood-brain barrier. This has been observed in mouse experiments.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26723545
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19345073
    "The present findings are in agreement with our earlier studies where we have seen increased BBB permeability immediately and 14 days after exposure."

There are photos of the dyed brains somewhere online as well, I just can't find them right now.

A lot of people have problems with DECT. Dr. Devra Davis talks about an experiment using mobile phones, not dect:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyDCHf5iCY&t=2780
    Having similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by otterslide View Post
    It looks like maybe journalism has some catching up to do?
    Ya think? CCD is a buzzword for the ill informed. You need to seriously reconsider your news sources if CCD comes up every time you hear about bees. Clearly it's the ignorant parroting bias and bad information to the unsuspecting. Coming into a beekeeping forum when you are not a beekeeper and making your first post about a CCD article from 2007 seems a bit odd. Reading and learning before posting half cocked CCD articles is a more prudent plan of action.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyNJ View Post
    Chinese Tin Foil hats are for Chinese Bees. For best efficacy, we manufacture and market Locally Adapted Tin Foil hats. so its all made right here in good 'ol USA.
    Are the resources organically sourced, and glutton free?
    Bee management is like a flowing river, persistent and ever changing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast