Looking for 3 Bee Packages in North Eastern Mass.

Default Looking for 3 Bee Packages in North Eastern Mass.

The person I ordered from took my deposit, gave me a date and agreed upon a pickup spot he suggested. Then he screwed me. So, I'm out a bunch of money and no bees. I'm disabled and beekeeping helps me deal with it. I need 3 packages for this year but I didn't charged. I saw them around earlier for $115 to$125 and then the people who charged $150+ I can pay $115 to $125 each and be able to get bees and still eat this month.

If anyone has or can get fairly prices packages. Also, any fairly priced nucs if I can't get packages?

Thanks!

Bob

I Live on the North Shore and can travel a little but not hrs.... I am the 24/7 live in caregiver to my elderly mom with dementia. So, I can go real far to get the bees. Hit me up and I'll see if I can get there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bob D; 05-07-2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Spelling...
    Lynn, MA

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Looking for 3 Bee Packages in North Eastern Mass.

Bob,

Sorry to hear about what happened. As far as I know, there are only two folks in the area who are still taking orders for packages, here is what I found on their websites -

New England Beekeeping - Rick Reault - $130/package delivery May 19th - http://www.nebees.com/queensnucsandpackages.php

Dave Lewcon Apiaries - Dave Lewcon - $116/package delivery May 14th - http://davelewconapiaries.com/shop

I bought quite a few from Dave this year, they worked out great. I have also bought from Rick in the past without any issues at all, so I think you will have good luck with either business.

Good luck!

Mike

No offense but if the price of bees concerns you, they are to expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrooster View Post
    No offense but if the price of bees concerns you, they are to expensive.
    Actually, it's not that the price concerns me, it's how wide a range of prices there are for the same exact thing. 3 Lb Package $115 or 3 Lb Package $175. As a person on disability, I have to look for fairly priced things not just jump on anything no matter what the price. And, since I just got ripped off for a few hundred dollars, prices matter. And, I wasn't offended. Hope you aren't offended by my reply......
    Lynn, MA

Thanks Mike! Really appreciate it! I'll check into them now....

Bob
    Lynn, MA

I think the point trying to be made Bob is that it's like the goldfish at the fair. The goldfish is the cheap part. It only goes up from there. Example, I got chickens for $4 each and before I knew it I was building a coop for $500. That coop was $2,000 online if I didn't build it.

I hope you get bees because I love to see more people keeping bees, and especially if they help you deal with a disability.

Yes, I understand. I already have the hives and stuff. Been ding this for 5 or so years but have had a streak of bad luck. Between bears, storms and falling trees., theft and mites and stuff, I lost most of my hives every year for the last few years. Hoping to turn that around.

But thanks so much. And yes, it is so soothing to watch them work and it helps me mentally.....
    Lynn, MA

Thumbs Up Re: Looking for 3 Bee Packages in North Eastern Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01876 View Post
    Bob,

Sorry to hear about what happened. As far as I know, there are only two folks in the area who are still taking orders for packages, here is what I found on their websites -

New England Beekeeping - Rick Reault - $130/package delivery May 19th - http://www.nebees.com/queensnucsandpackages.php

Dave Lewcon Apiaries - Dave Lewcon - $116/package delivery May 14th - http://davelewconapiaries.com/shop

I bought quite a few from Dave this year, they worked out great. I have also bought from Rick in the past without any issues at all, so I think you will have good luck with either business.

Good luck!

Mike
    Mike, thanks again! I ended up going with Dave Lewcon and ordered 3 packages. Dave seems like a pretty nice guy so I'm hoping for the best!

Thanks!

Bob Donovan
    Lynn, MA