Waldo Ohio Apiaries - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Possibly ripped off by Waldo Ohio Apiaries

Like Sharper i got ripped off too. The sheriff told me that when contacted Taylor told them the supplier screwed up the order and she didn't have time to contact anyone. Total lie because their trailer and truck were sitting beside the building. I'm filing a lein against the property.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

What you are experiencing is why I never take deposits for my bees and queens. Ya never know what can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    What you are experiencing is why I never take deposits for my bees and queens. Ya never know what can happen.
    I don't think taking deposits is the issue. Mismanagement of the funds is. Deposit money should be kept separate until the transaction has been complete (IMO.)
    Owner of Honey Hound Farm. www.honeyhoundfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by QueenlessDrone View Post
    Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau ?
    https://www.bbb.org/centralohio/busi...and-complaints to get something done someone should also contact Ohio Attorney General Mike Dewine http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

"I don't think taking deposits is the issue. Mismanagement of the funds is"...

Absolutely correct, but you can't mismanage those funds if you don't have them to begin with..
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybizz View Post
    "I don't think taking deposits is the issue. Mismanagement of the funds is"...

Absolutely correct, but you can't mismanage those funds if you don't have them to begin with..
    I get why you'd want a deposit though. Customer orders 100 packages without a deposit. You create or pickup said 100 packages. Customer no shows. Goes dark. Now you have to try to resell 100 packages in a short time or eat them.
    Owner of Honey Hound Farm. www.honeyhoundfarm.com

Hi, my name is Melissa. My husband Paul Evans $144.00 spent on a package by check. 1785 Sunny Acres lane Amelia OH, 45102. He drove 300 miles for the "note". He arrived just after 7 am Wednesday morning. We tried calling, mailbox full. Nobody answers the phone. After reading the previous posts, it seems we are out the $144, time spent for nothing. This is "mest" up

I'm in the same boat, we really need to get together and file a complaint with the Delaware County prosecutors office, this is certainly "theft by deception" or felony fraud. It's not mismanagement of funds. I don't think we should just roll over and let it go. I've been buying from George for several years, he's dead and now others in the family have just flat out stolen from us. I knew it the minute no-one was there with that lousy note tacked on the door. Of course, I humored myself and called the numbers listed for a while but really knew what had happened. They got me for just under $700 and I know people lost quite a bit more just based on the 10 minutes I was there.

Me too I guess order my bees in March they said the shipment was missed 2x spoke with the owner who said my much would be shipped yesterday. Guess what not here. I'm new to this but have already learned a lot.

Talk to the Delaware County Sheriff's Department and I was informed to send her a certified letter requesting a refund within 10 days just like if it was a bad check send it certified keep a copy of it and all your receipts and if you have no avail to that contact the Delaware County Sheriff's Department detective division and they will take a complaint over the phone since most people are from out of the area like myself I drove down for Michigan took time off work I'm out like $500 and I don't take lightly especially when they don't contact anybody to let them know what's going on next year I'll just be buying my bees from up North I raised mostly Russian and carnolians . Feel free to contact me if you like I'm not just going to let this go by the wayside good luck

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmaddy View Post
    Thanks for the info
    I called Hardeman Aviary in Georgia who supplies Waldo with bees and they told me that Waldo no showed on 586 packages of bees. No calls texts no nothing. She told me they will some he not respone to calls nor emails either. Hardeman had the order ready to go.

Cliffy, what good is fileing a complaint going to do? I can't believe she hasn't been arrested for fraud or gran larceny. She called one evening and asked if she could cross the company's name off and write hers above it because it wasn't in her name yet. How is this not breaking any laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    I didn't take deposits for nucs either but had a lot of no shows. I think a fair non-refundable deposit of maybe $30 to cover the labor and boxes is warranted. I talk to the people all along the way and to not do the transaction after the bees are boxed up is wrong. It's not a terrible percentage but a real pain when it happens. Things do happen in life and that of course is excusable. But "I got them from over here and forgot to tell you" is just wrong. Especially since you were emailing and leaving voicemail and texts on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by genzer View Post
    Cliffy, what good is fileing a complaint going to do? I can't believe she hasn't been arrested for fraud or gran larceny. She called one evening and asked if she could cross the company's name off and write hers above it because it wasn't in her name yet. How is this not breaking any laws?
    I am filing a police report Monday anyways and with who ever else I have too we will just have to push the issue she needs to answer for her actions she can file what she wants bankruptcy what ever its theft by deception of the bees are waiting to be picked up and she's a no show. 4-h kids are except here plus she set me back a year on my program

there is a update on her web site that reads
    All customers that did not receive orders for the April 26th. date will receive a full refund. I will be contacting each of you by a phone call after that you will soon receive your refund

I look at it this way you sell me something and don't provide said item and you don't call and avoid phone calls and then don't show up just let everyone drive all the way there.
    call it what you may its just plain THEFT

I ordered bees from them in early January, and picked them up on April 12th. They actually did not have my name/order written down (though the check was cashed), but they did give me the bees that I said I ordered. I felt like they were pretty disorganized, but I was happy that they made it right and gave me what I paid for, in spite of no documentation on their end. I went home and confirmed I had the canceled check image from the bank as well. I feel like I got pretty lucky, given the stories above.

[QUOTE=TommyTally;1541255]I ordered bees from them in early January, and picked them up on April 12th. They actually did not have my name/order written down (though the check was cashed), but they did give me the bees that I said I ordered. I felt like they were pretty disorganized, but I was happy that they made it right and gave me what I paid for, in spite of no documentation on their end. I went home and confirmed I had the canceled check image from the bank as well. I feel like I got pretty lucky, given the stories
    Last edited by caddisking; 04-30-2017 at 09:33 AM.

I also ordered in Feb my check cleared but no need. I left many voicemails, did speak with someone was told my order was missed was told they would be shipped April 12, again no bees. Call again was told someone would call me back,, did not happen. I call the next day and spoke with someone who said she was the owner and that someone working for her had to be fired because he was not taking the bees to be mailed but was taking them to his bee yard. Again was told my bees know a nice to be sent last shipment in April, guess what no much, no bees. Talk about getting stung. This obviously is at the least a scam, and she should be charged for theft.

Just filed criminal complaint against Taylor and Waldo Apiary with Delaware County Sheriff's Office. She has until May 24 to pay up or theft charges will be levied against her. Contact Delaware Ohio Sheriff at 740-833-2799.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast