Waldo Ohio Apiaries
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Waldo Ohio Apiaries

So I ordered bees months ago from Waldo Ohio Apiaries. The pic up was today from 7-am-10am. My friend and I took the day off work and headed out at 5:30am for a 2 and half hour drive to pick up the bees. When we arrived, there were no bees but there were police and a lot off angry beekeepers. Apparently, there would be no bees and no one was informed. There were guys who bought thousands of dollarsí worth of bees that were not there.

What also wasnít there were the owners. Just a poorly spelled note taped to the door. The company is not answering their phone and there has been no information given. We gave the police our names and contact info but so far nothing has been done. There was two pages of peopleís names so apparently, many people had been left out in the cold in terms of Bees. Keep in mind we showed up at 8 and the pickup didnít end till ten. So more people were still going to arrive.

I took off a day of work, drove two and a half hours with a new beekeeper who was getting his first hives for nothing. They didnít even have the decency to show up in person to tell us. All it would have taken is a phone call in the last two months. A two minute phone call could have saved me a five hour round trip and given everyone a chance to find bees else ware.

Do not do business with this company.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Possibly ripped off by Waldo Ohio Apiaries

If they make it right with you will you post an update. I got 8 packages of Russians on April 8th, but I'm looking for a new supplier 2 out of 8 were drone laying Queens. I hope this whole thing works out for you. I went through Queenright which is near you one time and they were good.

I'm not sure it's going to work out but I will post and update if anything happens. Including me filing charges.

From what I'm hearing from other people they stood the last pick up date as well and are refusing to talk to anyone. If i had to guess they are layering up because they don't have the cash to pay everyone back. Your talking about tens of thousands just for today's pickups.

I'll give my lawyer $50 to send them a nastygram but i don't think it's going to do any good. Not worth it to take them to court at least for me but the guys who are out thousands probably will.

Ouch. If I may ask how did you find them? Did a friend refer you there or were they advertising in a local magazine or something? That really is awful. Maybe I'm too cautious but this is why I never buy from people without a good referral or positive reviews somewhere. I've been burned before. Too many people out there willing to screw people over for a buck.
    Owner of Honey Hound Farm. www.honeyhoundfarm.com

They were a major suppler in Ohio for may years. I heard about them from another beekeeper and used them for two years without any problem. I know the guy who ran it died last year mid summer and his family took over. They took my order and my money but it doesn't look like they intended to keep the business going.

I have gotten bees from them before and it seemed somewhat organized. I am surprised to hear that they just left everyone hanging.

What did the note on the door say?
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Hope you keep us up to date with this ridiculousness. If anything comes of it. Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear of this misfortune.

*edit* As said in your video the guy did pass (George Taylor).....in June of 2016 but that doesn't excuse them to not take orders in 2017......

I ordered my packages on Jan 24th. Paid in full with a check made out to Susan Taylor. I arrived today on my scheduled pick up date only to find 2 sheriffs and a lot of unhappy beekeepers. I arrived at 8:40 & stayed till 9:30. Owner never called, emailed, or texted to explain there was an issue with her supplier. I drove all the way from Erie PA. Round trip over 500 miles (full tank of gas) & 8 hours of driving for nothing. Wasted a vacation day at work & not refunded yet. I have tried calling the numbers that were listed on the door. No answer and the mail box is full. I want my money back or else I will seek a lawyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I attached a photo of the note in my message below.

Ok guys get working on keeping your bees alive and making increase with your own bees then you'll never have this problem again.

They got me too, I'm sure George is rolling in his grave. If anyone here's of a list to add name's to for legal reasons please post.

I didn't tale a picture of the list of names since it had people's social security number listed.

My name is Chrissy Leet, 2415 E. 32nd Street, Erie, PA. I am hoping my a refund of $448.

Any one pay with a visa?

Nope, check.

Got an update. I was contacted by a former employee of theirs on Facebook on a post I made about this. Here is what he said.

"I drove down and picked up there last load for them i quit working for them last week cause they didn't pay me there was over 125 ,000$ worth of orders they took I talked to there supplier w also didn't let them know they wasn't coming down 650 some packages set in there building for 3 days before they was able to hav someone pick them up .sorry this happened to so many people but when she didn't pay me my 1200.00 for working I knew something lik this was next!"

Just WoW!!
    2nd year with bees. 3 Top Bar hives in my back yard.
    Zone 5b/6a. 'Crackpipe' OAV.

Question Re: Possibly ripped off by Waldo Ohio Apiaries

I heard from another package dealer back on Tuesday 4/25/17 that Taylors was a no show and wanted to know if I wanted the load. Sorry not my supplier, not my problem. Since then my phone for nuc orders have been crazy. I had a dealer that was getting package from that load that called to see if I could fill his package orders. I'm hopeing to get his package shaken in the next two weeks.

George told me once he transported over 3000 packages a year up to Ohio.

George has always bought honey from me. Last year when I call to check to see when he was needing honey. I got his daughter on his phone. She said that he had died and business would run the same. Never heard from them again.

George was the business. $$$$$$$$$$ He was one that was always wheeling and dealing.

Sold his 400 buckets to someone else after Oct. last year.

So after talking to some people with a little more info. I'm pretty sure our money went for the big sleep.

If she didn't have money to pay the supplier for the last shipment I'm pritty sure I'm not going to see my money any time soon.

That sucks.

Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast