Trapout on brick and concrete

Default Trapout on brick and concrete

Looking for suggestions from anybody with experience with trapouts on brick and concrete. I have a friend who has honey bees in a brick column on his porch. I went out today and put the screen funnel over the entrance and sealed around the edges with duct tape. (It's the best I could come up with at the time.) Anyway, I have a hunch the duct tape isn't going to hold up long enough sealing to the brick and concrete. Does anybody have any other suggestions sealing around the screen?

I have been thinking expanding foam would stick to both very well. I used it on a tree trapout once with success. Originally I didn't want to leave the foam residue stuck to his brick, but the previous homeowner had already apparently done the same to try to seal up the entrance so there is already a lot of residue there and my friend is not too worried about the idea. Looking for any other thoughts.....

Thank you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Trapout on brick and concrete

beecron,

Take a look at Cleo Hogan's technique here: https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...a-trap-out-HOW

If that doesn't work, just do a search for Cleo Hogan on BeeSource.

Steve

You can use the gorilla brand duct tape. It sticks to anything and will probably stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Creek Steve View Post
    beecron,

Take a look at Cleo Hogan's technique here: https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...a-trap-out-HOW

If that doesn't work, just do a search for Cleo Hogan on BeeSource.

Steve
    I'm familiar with his technique. Unfortunately I don't think I have the equipment or time for it. I would love to, but I think I need to stick to a basic trapout.

Quote Originally Posted by queenbee3074 View Post
    You can use the gorilla brand duct tape. It sticks to anything and will probably stay.
    Now there's a thought...I have never used it but I'm certainly willing to try. Thank you.