2017 is happening. Tropical beekeeper wanted!
Anyone interested in a work exchange (no pay) in the Caribbean? Position now open and available.
We are looking for an individual to take over the responsibilities of our small bee yard.
Duties will include:
*Help/ assistance with the maintenance of 40+ colonies, inspecting hives, recognizing bee health.
*Queen rearing, expansion of the apiary.
*maintenance of the bee yard and immediate surrounding area (trimming grass, keeping area clean)
*building new and maintaining existing equipment (we build all our own equipment from scratch)
*harvesting
*other various duties will include general farm help.
I have been learning about bees over the last 4 years and I need help. This position is an awesome opportunity for someone wanting to work with our apiary and have a Caribbean experience and lifestyle at the same time. Clones of Michael Palmer welcomed, although we have no need to over winter

Must have experience in all aspects of running a small apiary, have an open mind and have the ability to work well with others.

In exchange we will provide:

*comfortable, private lodging with 24hr. electricity and water.
*All meals healthy and home cooked, very healthy.
*access to WiFi 24hrs.
*treated as family as this is a family run operation.
*perks, wow where do I begin? If you are a dedicated beekeeper, who can perform we will always be generous.

This opportunity is ideal for an individual who would like to travel and live in the Caribbean at a beautiful, mountain top horse ranch. We train horses in Liberty, so anyone who loves horses is encouraged to apply. Our property consists of many organic gardens and tropical fruit trees, medicinals and ornamentals.
Beaches are just 20 minutes away and many local attractions are nearby.
This is not a paid position but an exchange. Hours will be part-time, 5 hours per day M-F only. Weekends always off.
Bee keeper must be willing to do other small tasks in between working with the bee's. This includes keeping the bee yard and surrounding gardens clean, fence mending in the pastures, painting and general farm help when needed.
Any interested candidate can send us a PM or email us directly at: edenranch at g mail dot com
Questions? Just ask