Is it true - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true

Default Re: Is it true

Capital,are u saying that buckwheat doesn't produce surplus honey or that you use it to just feed bees? So you spend $2500 per year planting buckwheat and don't harvest the honey?Or you just let that keep your bees strong?Please explain I'm a little dense.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

My assumption is that capital does not harvest the honey that the bees make from the buckwheat. Buckwheat honey is a bit different than normal honey. Does it fetch less money? anyway, he'd have to harvest separately and seems like it might be a hassle.

I bet he just leaves it for the bees to use. better than feeding sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Hunter View Post
    Capital,are u saying that buckwheat doesn't produce surplus honey or that you use it to just feed bees? So you spend $2500 per year planting buckwheat and don't harvest the honey?Or you just let that keep your bees strong?Please explain I'm a little dense.
    We use it just to feed bees. We harvest typically end of July, so we use the buckwheat to infill the dearth which hits late July, early August to hives keep going and for helping get hives up to weight in preparation for winter.
    www.capitalbeesupply.com
    Manufacturers and Purveyors of Fine Beekeeping Equipment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12