Rolled the dice today

Default Rolled the dice today

Went into my hive week before last to find out how they wintered. They were pretty much out of stores but had fresh nectar and pollen coming in and a few frames of brood each. I added some winter patties then.
    We have had a few cold frost night this week but as I looked at the calendar I decided to feed them today. Both hives got more winter patties and a pollen pattie as well.
    Maple is pretty well the only game in town right now but by early to mid April we should have dandelion and autumn olive bloom hitting as long as the weather continues to warm. If not I guess I'm in for a bit of feeding to keep them going after they build up on what I have given them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Rolled the dice today

I just put on the third round of sugar bricks and winter patties yesterday. They have pollen available in my area but very little if any nectar.

Some already are starting their burr comb shenanigans.

I'm still concerned for a severe cold snap for our area. Hope I am concerned for nothing and we have a good year.

Default Re: Rolled the dice today

I am concerned about a late cold snap here as well. I want to try to raise some queens and make some splits to increase my hive count and I need brood to do that.