Towels used with OAV treatment

Default Towels used with OAV treatment

This is a secondary question with OAV treatment process, however I am sure my wife would like to know. The towels used to plug front entrance when doing OAV treatments; are they OK to wash in a washing machine after treatments? Or, should you just set them aside and allocate for just treatments? Do they collect residue?

Thanks for the feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Towels used with OAV treatment

Air them out and wash them the Oxalic acid crystals the have accumulated are insignificant in a tub full of water.
    I do not use towels I block the entrances with a 1" X that has a small slot for the Vaporizer handle. Does a fine job and no towels to clean.

I use old hand towels. I don't wash them. When they start to get frayed...I replace them.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Thanks.

I use Bounty paper towels. This seals very well. Set them aside afterward in a basket and use them later for wiping sticky boards clean; so they used for two purposes before discarding.

Five towels for a 10-frame box, with a single one in the middle around the wand. Having a single one in the center means I can pull the wand out with minimal opening, keeping more of the vapors locked in.

I typically am working on two colonies at the same time, at various stages in the process concurrently, so I use 10 towels per treatment.

Enj.

Quote Originally Posted by enjambres View Post
    I use Bounty paper towels. This seals very well. Set them aside afterward in a basket and use them later for wiping sticky boards clean; so they used for two purposes before discarding.

Five towels for a 10-frame box, with a single one in the middle around the wand. Having a single one in the center means I can pull the wand out with minimal opening, keeping more of the vapors locked in.

I typically am working on two colonies at the same time, at various stages in the process concurrently, so I use 10 towels per treatment.

Enj.

I really appreciate that idea. I will try that tomorrow. Didn't realize bounty locks the vapors in that well

I had some old socks here and tried one.They work really good.Wet them and squeeze out water.Put my vaporizer in the hive and lay a sock pushed up against the opening.They seal really good.I always have socks with holes!!

I do the same as snapper1d. I rinse mine out after treatment & throw them into the wash with other clothes afterwards.
    Zone 5A 2,200 ft.