New assortment of cheap extractors on market.

Default New assortment of cheap extractors on market.

Seems that collectively beekeepers are a a worthwhile market. I was just looking around on amazon.com at bee stuff due to hsving a few gift cards to spend.

I was amazed that there are so many cheap extractors compared to just three years ago.

Seems that beekeepers are a money source that is beinmg noticed abroad. the least expensice units I saw were less expensive than many homemade models people build and attach drill motors to.

just thought I would mention it in case some newbies were thinking about an extractor this year.

ihave not looked at ebay, but would imagine things have changed there also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: New assortment of cheap extractors on market.

You have to bee an informed beekeeper and shopper. There are reputable USA sellers of China made extractors that will stand behind their products.

I happen to have dealt with a few.

These "cheapies" do fulfill a place as not everyone can afford to buy a $!,000 plus top of the line extractor, IMO

Default Re: New assortment of cheap extractors on market.

I just remember that when I was looking years back you could find little if anything manual for under 230.00.

Now.you can get a manual two frame for 130.

Electric models are much less than 3years ago.
    I bought a nine frame radial Sas Nutura made in italy for right at 400.00 and it seemed a steel at the time. Now with that amount I would have both manual and electric models even if a bit cheaply made to choose from.

I bought bigger and sturdier for my first extractor so as to not go from a two to four to eight frame model every other year. However with the newer offerings I may have settled for less sturdy and electric motor, knowing what I know now.

basically I only put a few hours on an extractor a year and have decent storage so it does not have to be built like a tank. (no pun intended)