Snow Plow for Swinger

Default Snow Plow for Swinger

Anyone got a good setup for a snowplow for my swinger.? I used a pallet with bricks on it today. Need something better for the 1-2 times a year I need to plow the driveway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Snow Plow for Swinger

OK Anyone using their swinger as a snow plow. We just got 8 inches and I am thinking about next year. Chains are going to be a must. I am thinking about this anyone have any other ideas https://www.chinookforkplow.com/products/

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideBuzz View Post
    OK Anyone using their swinger as a snow plow. We just got 8 inches and I am thinking about next year. Chains are going to be a must. I am thinking about this anyone have any other ideas https://www.chinookforkplow.com/products/
    Chains a must, and probably some counterweight too if you are on any slope. Dunno how much you are plowing and what other kit you have around. If you have a lawn tractor of some type, check out the bercomac snowblower for lawn tractors. It's not very expensive and does a good job for occaisional use. I've got their tiller on a JD120 lawn tractor from the big box store, it's built like a tank and will easily outlast the tractor.

I dont want to use a lawnmower. I wanted to add something to the front of my swinger. I have 1.2 miles of driveway and some steep hills so i was figuring chains on the Swinger and a plow on the front of the forks. I got a Kubota but, the swinger seems like more fun.

This looks promising. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINM38YqQMo

With that length of driveway you will definitely be wanting an angle plow, either fixed or pivotable. I have mounted highway plows in front of the bucket of loaders, as well as affixing them to the loader arms with bucket removed. Extended out in front of the bucket (or on the ends of your forks) really limits the ability to side cast the snow. For cleaning a yard a straight blade on the forks would be quick and easy; angled, I dont think you will be happy.

I dont know whether your forks are easy to remove or not. That would be the deal breaker for me. Finding a used plow such as used on pickup trucks would be the easy part.
    Frank

After a ton of research and the snow melting for the year. I think I will look for a used plow for my pickup. Might be fun to use it around town also. Forklift might be too limiting.