Big and Tall Suit

Default Big and Tall Suit

Hello everyone. This will be my first year keeping bees. Ran into a problem today. I am a really big guy. I'm 6.2 and typically wear a 4xlt shirt.

I ordered a full suit on ebay from a place in England. It arrived today and I tried to get it on. I ordered a 5xl, thinking this would give me some room. No chance. I actually couldn't even get my arms in. The torso was short and the width was too narrow. Felt like I was trying to squeeze into a 2xl.

Any big/tall suits out there for fat and tall guys? Prefer not to just wear a jacket my first go around.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Big and Tall Suit

Try these guys. Scroll down a bit for the sizing chart and measurements.

https://www.jawadis.us/beekeeping-su...s-6xl-bee-suit
    Good luck.

Thanks! I see their sizing advice is to order 2 sizes larger than what you wear. Getting one ordered and cutting back on cheeseburgers. 😀

No! Don't do it!
    Anything but cheeseburgers!

I love my ultrabreeze suit. http://www.ultrabreezesuits.com/

I emailed them and they gladly custom made me a big and tall suit. I wear a 2xl and they made me a 2xlt, now it doesn't pull up in the back when I lean over. High quality suit my last one I had for years and it still was holding up great. Great for the hot months in the summer!

Thanks. Those look comfy for hot summer days.

6'3" #280, ultra breeze 3x jacket very loose on me.

Well, the new suit arrived from Jawadis. Went from a 5xl from another supplier to an 8xl, thinking I could swim in it. Nope. The chest to crotch is super short for some reason. Guess they sell "Big" but not "Big and Tall". I'm going to take it to a tailor and have it fit. Done messing around. 8xl? Good grief. I wear a 4xlt shirt.

I bought this Eco-keeper triple mesh style full suit on Amazon for $145. I'm just shy of 6'6" and I weigh around 315. I normally wear a 2XLT shirt. I bought the 4X based on the measurements provided.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZV7FEY...2V1JO9HX&psc=1

It actually fits pretty well. It gets a little tight when I have to kneel or squat but normal bending over is fine. In a perfect world the torso (shoulder to crotch) would be a few inches longer but I'm a bit abnormal. As tall as I am, I only wear a 34" inseam for my pants. So, most of my height is in my torso and it's still a decent fit. I have no complaints about width. It fits comfortably in that regard. For someone a few inches shorter than me, the length should be fine. For someone who normally wears a 4X shirt, it may not have the width needed. The triple mesh seems to work well. I've yet to be stung through it and it breathes nicely. On hot summer days I wear shorts and a T-shirt under it. I also wear rubber boots which the cuffs cling to nicely. I'm still soaked in sweat, but at least I can fee the breeze to help me cool off.

I took it into a Tailor yesterday. He's adding a few extra inches to make the torso longer for me. Then it should fit like a semi-loose glove. I'm still shocked that it took an 8xl and a tailor to make it work. It was 7 inches too short from neck to crotch. I've got a pretty good size belly, but man. I'm just happy this will work out, as I'm pretty excited to start my hives this spring.

Golden Bee Products also makes quality suits and Jackets, American Made:

http://www.goldenbeeproducts.com/suit.html

Jackets are made custom to your measurements. Not sure about suits, but they show sizes of Tall, Extra Tall, and 2x Tall on their site.

Contact Susie Lemoine

I own a Golden Bee Jacket and am very happy with it.

PAHunter62

Thanks, the more sources for guys like us the better.

There is a website that make custom bee suits and jackets. http://www.custombeesuits.com. The prices seem reasonable and shipping is free.
    Scott Derrick- Creator Of - Honey-B-Gone Swarm Commander