Alcohol Tolerance? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Alcohol Tolerance?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRaptor View Post
    That which I described is the technique used for many many years in Finland!
    The fact that somebody somewhere did something some way for many years does not mean it is the best way, or even necessarily a -good- way.

As Tenbears points out, there have been many things done over the years that somebody thought was a good idea, but it really wasn't.

Bottling something before it has fermented to completion is not a good idea, no matter who has done it how many times in the past.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Now add that to the fact that many beginners piece meal bits of information from many sources. imagine if one got some Champaign bottles and stoppers and wired them on! They would latterly be using "THE BOOM METHOD"

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeeKeeper View Post
    The fact that somebody somewhere did something some way for many years does not mean it is the best way, or even necessarily a -good- way.

As Tenbears points out, there have been many things done over the years that somebody thought was a good idea, but it really wasn't.

Bottling something before it has fermented to completion is not a good idea, no matter who has done it how many times in the past.
    It's a practice still conducted today in Finland for the celebration of Vappu! The process is not intended for aging, it is intended for consumption within days of production. Cold crashing is more than sufficient to prevent bottle bombs! This is why I said that too many mazers limit their knowledge by seeing mead making through a vintners eyes. Yes, mead is made using wine making techniques because that is how most everyone gets taught ...... including me. Mead has a history older than beer or wine! There are many things that have been lost to history because beer and wine are the popular fermented drinks in todays society. As far as dangerous goes.... getting into your car and driving around is more dangerous than any thing I have mentioned. If you view it to dangerous, that is your prerogative and your right but your view is just that yours.

Quote Originally Posted by I'llbeedan View Post
    Now add that to the fact that many beginners piece meal bits of information from many sources. imagine if one got some Champaign bottles and stoppers and wired them on! They would latterly be using "THE BOOM METHOD"
    If someone does that they deserve the consequences! Everything I do, I research it thoroughly before attempting it! With that said, I am not afraid of bottle bombs, have had much worse while deployed. I for the record have never had any bottle bombs either..... knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRaptor View Post
    If someone does that they deserve the consequences! I am not afraid of bottle bombs, have had much worse while deployed. I for the record have never had any bottle bombs either..... knock on wood
    "they deserve the consequences" Are you serious? someone could get seriously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by I'llbeedan View Post
    "they deserve the consequences" Are you serious? someone could get seriously injured.
    Are you serious??

1. Life is full of risk.

2. Without risk there is little success.

3. You must be 21 to produce and consume alcohol and at that age you should be smart enough not to do something risky without full knowledge of what you are doing and accepting the risk involved.

4. I was raised by a loving family that insisted that if I was willing to do something that I also had to be willing to accept the consequences of my actions.

So yes, I am serious! If you disagree that is your prerogative. But to blatantly say " Are you serious" like I am stupid or foolish is very presumptive! And I stand by what I said, if someone is foolish enough to do something risky without understanding what they are doing they deserve the consequences of their said actions! How else do we humans progress than by learning from our mistakes.

Yes I wanted to know if you were serious or just joking. It is sometimes hard to tell as some of your stuff is ridiculously funny.

For one you do not have to be 21 to brew wine and Mead. and I defy you to show me any federal law that states you do. You cannot drink it until you are 21 but there are no federal laws prohibiting making it. In fact a person of 18 years of age can apply for a vintners license. And in some states My home state included you do not even have to be 21 to work as a bartender!

Secondly This is the world wide web Meaning that people from all over the world have access to it. In Italy it is quite common for children as young as 10 to be involved with making as well as consuming wine and mead.

Your total lack of compassion and disregard for the safety of your fellow man is appalling.

Let us suppose an beginning mead maker of 21 years of age makes a mead following your idea. and as I said wants to preserve the sparkle and puts it in a Champaign bottle with a stopper and wires the stopper on because along with your advice he has also read that this is the best thing to do with a sparkling mead. he places the bottles in his basement on the shelf next to the washing machine. A month later his wife is doing the laundry while his beautiful 3 year old daughter plays on the floor beside mom. When all of a sudden one of the bottles bursts setting off a chain reaction of bursting bottles. The lady is seriously scared over her entire right side and the child I blinded.
    Did they deserve it? No one deserves to be injured needlessly. and it shows a callus disregard for human life to think we are all not responsible to look out for our fellow man! I think you sir take Colorado's amendment 64 to seriously!
    Last edited by Barry; 02-28-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: excessive quoting

I am not going to try and defy you on the age for brewing. I have seen no federal law for such just figured the consumption law applied to production as well. Yes, this is the WWW and the world has access to it, this forum and I are based here in the good ole US of A and that is the basis for my comment.
    Let's suppose this beginning mead makers wife and child hop into the family Prius and head to the local grocery store and on the way there are T boned by Jonny Bobby Socks who was running late for work and blew a stop sign killing them? Did they deserve it? I know this does not relate exactly but my point is sometimes we are victims of others stupidity..... just sayin.
    Amendment 64..... ...... sure, just because it's legal here does not mean I partake! I am Federal Law Enforcement after all.....
    Last edited by Barry; 02-28-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: excessive quoting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123