Noob, first mead - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Noob, first mead

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    Well there are still 17 spots available. I know because I just entered seconds ago.

But ya know what! I have thought this over and Maybe I could have handled it differently. Maybe if I had PMed you and explained that I was getting Emails on my personal email from people who were following your High SG recommendations and having a lot of trouble non starters and stuck ferments you would have made adjustments in how you presented the information. So beginners would understand that it was not a guaranteed method and required sacking techniques. Maybe you would have seen that my concerns were only for the countless beginners who follow the advice of those with experience on our humble site. And that we as those with experience need to take into account that we are discussing mead making with many who are complete beginners. rather than post it in open forum. For that I was wrong. and apologize.
    We will never know what could have been at this point. There has been too much water pass under the bridge. Maybe we can just go on from here and offer what we have to offer to the beesource community without the rhetoric,
    WOW..... you are actually apologizing??? Then I to apologize and accept yours! You are right we should have discussed this via PM and saved a lot of grief! No there is not to much water under the bridge, I think we can start afresh and if we disagree, we should conduct that via PM. Thank you!!

Oh, I checked several weeks ago and entries were closed....... maybe some backed out??? I will look again this week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPlanter View Post
    I've got it.

How about you both send a sample to me and I will test it.
    Maybe

So after a couple months of bulk aging I broke down and added a clarifier last night, this batch just didn't seem to want to clear on its own. Now it will be put back to rest some more.

I do a Pawpaw mead every few years or so. It takes forever to clear. Even with Sparkloid. I usually add pectic enzyme to break down the pectin haze. It is rare that a straight mead does not clear though.

This is actually a Cyser, and I did add pectic enzyme in the primary as the cider selected seemed rather cloudy. I am a bit surprised it didn't clarify more on its own, but not worried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123