slow page loading - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: slow page loading

Square
    It seems to only be this site and it is not compleetly consistant here. You are correct on the loading of responces. I find a big hang up when I first come to the forum home page and it takes a while to get up to where I can click on the tab "todays post" .

The search results seem to come up pretty quick once I can click the button. When I hit a topic button, sometimes they come fair and some times are slow and some times if I rush it and they are comming up slow my computer will scroll on its own to the bottom of the page. It is intermitted on how often it happens but it happens too much.

It reminds me of when I had dial up with a 28 megabit down load. I would not mind it if I had not seen better before. Other sites have had intermitted problims but more like one day in a week or two but this is consistant here. I know I said intermitted here but by intermitted I mean here it is inttermitted that every so often it does good where as the other sites is every once in a while it does bad.
    Clear as mud right?
    It is not so bad that I can't live with it but more, it use to be better except in very rare cases.
    I looked at the link and pressed the start test botton and nothing happened and it does say stop all internet activity and so I am going to close after posting this responce and look again at your link
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

understood gww. i don't go to the home page or the forum page very often. i've bookmarked the 'new posts' page and go straight there to start.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/sear...rchid=10931765
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Square...
    Your last link came up no matches, try a differrent search term. I also did not use your last link cause it wanted me to down load something. I have crome on my computer but do not use it except for email cause my favorites are all on this operating system and I have not mastered useing crome and it does not have the short cuts that I am used to and so my old way is just more comfortable even with any issues so far. I guess I might be one of those guys who can't be helped due to hisself. I am done here for now and just posted incase it would be helpful for someone to know what I was seeing. I thank you for your time in trying to help somebody who doesn't help hisself too well. I think I am going to keep pegging along untill I get put in a position of having no choice but to add stuff and learn how to use it. I do know this site used to work a little better but so did You tube. You tube still works with windows 7 but no longer allows full screen and so some times I use crome for that. I am mostly bull headed and stick with what I have till I have no choice though.
    Thanks
    gww
    zone 5b

Hey gww - if you are experiencing site slowness, what device/browser are you using? Have you compared it to other browsers to see if the slowness persists? Do you see the site hanging up on any scripts or ads, it'll show in the bottom left corner of your browser window saying "Waiting for xxxxxx...." x being the script/ad loading on that particular page.

Thanks,
    Nate

Nate
    Lap top, windows 7, probly explorer 9? I will look at the bottom corner like you say.
    It seems to be working pretty good right now.
    Thanks
    gww
    zone 5b

Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post
    Your last link came up no matches, try a differrent search term.
    I'm pretty sure that sp was just trying to give you a link to the "New Posts" button that is on the left of the second line of grey header bars near the top of the page.

I believe that what does is generate a search just for the current user, (which would have been sp), so its not usable by a different user (gww). Just click the New Posts button.

And if you are a Chrome user, Chrome will learn what URLs you frequently visit without even bookmarking them. I use the "New Posts" button often enough that if I just type "bees" (without pressing Enter) in the URL box that Chrome will either autocomplete the URL to the Beesource New Posts, or at least offer a link to it lower down in the list of choices. Just start slowly typing "beesource.com" in the URL box and watch what happens after each keypress.

If you see a suggestion like:
    "beesource.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post"
    ... click on that to get to New Posts.

[Note]: Check to see that "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" is turned ON in Chrome > Settings > Advanced. You can always turn it off later if you don't like it.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Rader
    I usually come to this site using fidelity search engine and on windows explorer cause it has the proper tool bar and has all favorites I have saved on a favorite tab. I find when I try to use crome, it does not leave a search box up and you always have to type in the "url? box" and hit enter. There is no button on crome to even use a mouse to start the search. I do get the most used sites I go to when I click on the search on fidelity and so if I want my towns wether and click on the box "rosebud wether will be near the top thing listed. If I type a "c" craigslist will be one of the first things that comes up. I have no doubt that there is probly a way to get crome set up simular but have not spent the time trying to do it cause I keep getting by even if I do gripe a bit. I know it is only a matter of time before I will have to spend more attention to getting on something that is not quite as out dated as I am on now but being a procrastonator, I keep puttingn it off and sticking with what I am used to enough and that I like how it is now.

This was working really good before and on the last thing that happenned where it had the little boxes that showed pictures and attachments on a differrent thread, it was pointed out that I might not be helped with any fix but when the site managers got hold of the problim, mine was fixed also (luckily).

You helped me when I first joined and my quick reply was not working and you told me to hit compatibility mode and then switch back and I still have to do that every so often but it keeps fixing things. I do a lot of disk defragmenting and restart my computer every so often and it barily gets me by to where I don't have to work on getting crome to where I like it and feel comfortable using it.

I know it is an extra step to go to the forum and then hit the tab and I could probly get a strait line to todays post but am a sorta if it aint broke, don't fix it type of guy.

I don't bank of even keep anything on my computer that I am scared of losing and in real bad cases, I just wipe the hard drive and reload factory. So I very seldom actually down load anything cause a few times I have had to reload the computer. Sometimes this was even due to upgrades from microsoft itself. I have fewer problims then mom who gets all the fixes that come out.

I am a pretty big dummy that hates change. Some day I am going to spend some time and switch to crome cause that seems to be where the world is heading but it might not be today. I do understand you point that I went to squarepegs link instead of setting up my own which may happen someday.
    Thank you
    gww
    zone 5b

That's understandable -- and you're right, the "if aint broke, don't fix it" mentality works for a lot of people. Change can be hard but it's good practice to get into the habit (at least trying it out every now and then) so it's not completely a shock to the system when the time comes for the change.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers,
    Nate

Thanks nate. I know it is hard to help someone who does not help themselves. I only even mentioned it at all cause using what I am using, I have seen this site do better. It has actually been pretty good the last few days.
    Thanks
    gww
    zone 5b

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123