dutch oven in winter times - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: dutch oven in winter times

If she's taking good care of your bees going tf (zero resistant) then you will surely be without bees soon.
    Then you can take your camping vacation sooner. Maybe she can use my mite bee bomb nuc approach allowing them
    to build up resistant little by little before the big early Spring expansion is on. If not it would be a big crashed before the rebuilt, really!
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Thing is Beepro, people get all hung up over being treatment free and think that is the be all and end all of beekeeping. My bees get treated for mites roughly once each six months. The other roughly 363 days of the year, bee work is about the important stuff, good beekeeping.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Well yes beepro, if OT would decide this. He is the prof and Im of an open mind!

If he would let me care for his bees I would be honored and do what we think best with them
    I imagine us sitting by the fire with the dutch oven and talking bees all night. You would be very jealous, beepro, about what I would learn!

I believe he would enjoy to work with me so much I would be able to convince him to try again tf.

When's the next cookout? Wow, that looks like some good eats.
    Season 5. TF.

In the U.S. the difference between a "camp oven" and a "dutch oven" is that the camp oven has legs and the dutch oven does not. How does that fit with your "slang dutch oven"? lol

I have about a dozen dutch ovens and at least 3 or 4 camp ovens. I need to go camping and put some of them to use.

I'm also a fan of sourdough bread. I started making all of my own bread about 7 years ago. Grocery store bread tastes so bland to me now that I won't normally touch it.
    NW Alabama, 50 years, 20 colonies and growing, sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 14 frame square Dadant broodnest

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    In the U.S. the difference between a "camp oven" and a "dutch oven" is that the camp oven has legs and the dutch oven does not. How does that fit with your "slang dutch oven"? lol

I have about a dozen dutch ovens and at least 3 or 4 camp ovens. I need to go camping and put some of them to use.

I'm also a fan of sourdough bread. I started making all of my own bread about 7 years ago. Grocery store bread tastes so bland to me now that I won't normally touch it.
    Ah, then its a camp oven. I was married for 30 years in december and my husband gave a fire bowl made out of stainless steel to use at home with my oven. So I will use it often in future.
    Im planning to build an outdoor kitchen in my garden.
    FP I love this bread too and always keep alive a sourdough starter to bake my own bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    How does that fit with your "slang dutch oven"? lol
    The fit would be cultural FP. Should you ever visit the Southern Hemisphere or perhaps even Great Britain, you could avoid some awkward stares by not talking about how much you love your Dutch Oven.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12