Looking for Vanilla beans

Default Looking for Vanilla beans

I need a pound of vanilla beans for my next science project. Does anyone know where to source them on line? I got wonderful ones reasonably priced several years ago but can't find the information on where I ordered them. I have been to amazon but hope I can do better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Looking for Vanilla beans

I buy from this seller on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Grade-A-P...kAAMXQdGJR0eTe

Awesome beans. I last bought the Tahitian and the Madagascar ones and they are both great.

Good luck

Madagascar has a lot of them. Just saying!

I use the grade B beans when infusing honey with them.

www.brewandwinesupply.com

Good prices on most items, free shipping for $50

This is where I got my vanilla beans, good quality, they do add a nice flavor and aroma to mead.

Enquiring minds want to know; What are you making?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampsquash View Post
    I use the grade B beans when infusing honey with them.
    Sounds nice. I'm curious about the procedure you use and how long it takes for the honey to be infused.

Quote Originally Posted by beesohappy View Post
    Sounds nice. I'm curious about the procedure you use and how long it takes for the honey to be infused.

I normally take a gallon of honey and 10-15 beans or more depending on desired strength. I will cut the beans in half and scrape the seeds out with a paring knife. I do my best to get the vanilla caviar(seeds) mixed up real good. They sometimes clump. I will mix this into the honey and let it sit, for a while. 2-6 months or so, depending on how strong vanilla flavor you want. I try to stir and taste it frequently. When I'm happy with it, I call it done. I normally sell or give out as gifts.... Next I want to dabble with making creamed honey out of the vanilla honey.

I always try to use my lighter honeys, some of the dark summer stuff I have will overpower the vanilla flavoring.

After I'm finished I remove the beans and I always leave my old beans in a jar of sugar. Vanilla sugar is great on lots of stuff!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampsquash View Post
    I normally take a gallon of honey and 10-15 beans or more depending on desired strength. I will cut the beans in half and scrape the seeds out with a paring knife. I do my best to get the vanilla caviar(seeds) mixed up real good. They sometimes clump. I will mix this into the honey and let it sit, for a while. 2-6 months or so, depending on how strong vanilla flavor you want. I try to stir and taste it frequently. When I'm happy with it, I call it done. I normally sell or give out as gifts.... Next I want to dabble with making creamed honey out of the vanilla honey.

I always try to use my lighter honeys, some of the dark summer stuff I have will overpower the vanilla flavoring.

After I'm finished I remove the beans and I always leave my old beans in a jar of sugar. Vanilla sugar is great on lots of stuff!

Good Luck!
    Sounds delicious! I made up some creamed honey last year using some clover honey from north Dakota that would work out perfect for this.

Good luck!

Vance your mail box has overflowed!
    Frank

Thanks I did some housekeeping. If this is about vanilla beans. I recieved 25 little dried up things for $36'95 american yesterday and returned them to slowfoodgroup llc today. I felt i had been a mark. I have had great luck getting great beans in the past.

Vance if you have a Trader Joe's near you they have very good Madagascar beans. If not marshallscreekspices.com has good ones as well. I have bought from both. Hope this helps.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

Thx