Request for pumpkin pollination in New Mexico

Default Request for pumpkin pollination in New Mexico

I just got a call from Navajo Agricultural Products Industry here in Farmington, NM. They're looking for bees to set on pumpkins this year. NAPI is a 100,000 acre irrigated farm, of which about 72,000 acres are developed. It's owned by the Navajo Nation. They contract out some of the specialty crops like pumpkins, so I don't know whether the bees will be contracted to the grower or the farm itself. She said they're growing 240 acres of pumpkins this year. In the past they've been the jack-o-lanterns that go to fund raising outfits for Halloween. Contact Amanda Kerr at 505-215-8793 or Aaron Benally at 505-566-2677.

p.s. Here's a link to their website.
    http://www.navajopride.com/
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Request for pumpkin pollination in New Mexico

"pursuant to the terms of the contract negotiated between the Parties and agreed to by PPF and UDP, the contract is set to end on December 31, 2016 on its own accord. PPF and UDP currently have outstanding invoices for amounts owed to NAPI under this contract that have been sent to collections"..

Barry interesting post. It appears that the previous grower (from North Carolina) failed to pay the Navajo Nation under the terms and conditions of their lease arrangement. That lease arrangement has now expired. Just wondering if the previous grower contracted out pollination in the past; and more importantly if the pollinator ever got paid if they did? Its my understanding that NAP just leases land to outside growers, and subsequently has nothing to do with the crops themselves. I don't do much pollination anymore but I might be interested in talking with them.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

One has to understand that they're dealing with a sovereign nation and that the rules/regulations/laws may not be the same as the ones they're used to.

I have had my bee yards on tribal lands here for many years.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Here's the latest on the pumpkin growing project on NAPI.

http://www.daily-times.com/story/new...ease/97461644/

Reading that article and trying to make any sense out of it reminds me of one of Trumps press secretary's briefing's.