How to make propolis tincture

Default How to make propolis tincture

Dear Bee friends,

a month ago i made my first batch of propolis tincture. I used some internet information and the knowledge of my uncle. I'm very satisfied with the end result. I would really like yours oppinion on my making proces :-) Thanks in advance, greetz Victor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zOURRlO2s

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How to make propolis tincture

Well done. I have a batch (maybe 1/2 liter) steeping right now since I used up what I had left on a bad cut. You can probably add a little more alcohol next time and get more of the final product. Even with that careful filtering, you'll get some very fine residual sediment after it's stored for a while so don't be surprised if it happens.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Well done. I have a batch (maybe 1/2 liter) steeping right now since I used up what I had left on a bad cut. You can probably add a little more alcohol next time and get more of the final product. Even with that careful filtering, you'll get some very fine residual sediment after it's stored for a while so don't be surprised if it happens.
    Ok, thanks, that's a good tip!

It looks like you used the same website I did.
    I also used instructions I found else where on the web to make an infusion in olive oil.
    I put both of these into 2 oz spritzer bottles. some I laced with a couple of drops of tea tree oil.
    I did this about 4 weeks ago. Where I had previously used straight Tea Tree oil to treat a cold sore on my lip. I have been using all three of these lately depending on which ever bottle is convenient.
    The straight tea tree oil burns a bit, the others do not. they seem to work about the same, for the time I have been using.
    CE
    Started summer of 2013, just another new guy, tinkering with bees.

It looks like you used the same website I did.
    I also used instructions I found else where on the web to make an infusion in olive oil.
    I put both of these into 2 oz spritzer bottles. some I laced with a couple of drops of tea tree oil.
    I did this about 4 weeks ago. Where I had previously used straight Tea Tree oil to treat a cold sore on my lip. I have been using all three of these lately depending on which ever bottle is convenient.
    The straight tea tree oil burns a bit, the others do not. they seem to work about the same, for the time I have been using.
    CE
    Started summer of 2013, just another new guy, tinkering with bees.