Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bee-L-T sandwich

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Eikel 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but after a radio show mentioned an "insect cook book" I went looking for it. ( did not find a freebie, but I did stumble across this at

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/10401191/Top-11-bug-recipes.html

==== pasted section =====

Bee-LT Sandwich

Everyone’s heard that frogs are supposed to taste like chicken but bee larvae sautéed with butter and honey tasting like bacon is taking things to new levels.

Ingredients:

Bee larvae

1 egg white

1tsp butter

¼ tsp honey

1 tomato

1 leaf lettuce

2 slices of bread

1 pinch of salt

Fry the bee larvae in the butter, salt and honey (don’t over do the honey). Once the larvae are a gold/brown colour and crisp on the edges then remove from the heat and the batter. In a separate bowl mix with the egg-white to bind the larvae together, then return to the batter and press together to resemble a small burger. Prepare the rest of your sandwich and when the larvae is firm place it on top of your other ingredients and enjoy. Or serve to your family and see what happens…

Source: Girl Meets Bug
==== end paste=====
And you were wondering what to do with all that drone comb!
I just had to share ! CE

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.