·***** Set up of mating nucs*

April until june :
    ·***** Catching and caging queens

·***** Introduction of queen cells

·***** Feeding

·***** Working the breeders

·***** Maintenance of the cellbuilders

· * * **Helping grafting

As you might know, the Canadian beekeeping industry need tones of early queens in the spring before we, quebec queen breeders, can produce them because of our much colder temperature. We decided, 5 years ago, to bring with us in California our northern and robust queen bee genetics selected over more than 12 years to produce, in isolated mating station in Napa Valley (Pope Canyon Valley), early queens that would go back to Canada four our early customers. Our goal was not to compete the big queen guys that already export massive amount of queens (poor quality most of the time) but trying to increase the level of quality standard into the queen importation issue in Canada. Over the years, we can say that we developed a work technicality adapted to North California whom allowed us to reach our goal of quality standard, however, we are still working to improve our genetic and to expend our production year after year.

Pope Canyon Queens LLC (PCQ) want and choose to be at the forefront breeding genetics to help bee populations to better defend themselves against mites, viruses, bacteria, pollination and commercial beekeeping stresses, pollution, depleting floral diversity and ever changing ecosystems.

By confronting these challenges head on, PCQ will come to represent a turning point in the strengthening of bee populations. Its "raison d'etre" is rooted in the urgency of grafting solid apicultural know-how onto strong genetics to meet today's challenge of breeding a better tomorrow.

The point now is that we are always looking for beekeepers workers help to meet the PCQ challenge. To reach our quality establishment we believe in 3 criterias : Good quality genetics, good quality management and good quality production protocol. The last one is why we are looking for serious and motivated beekeepers, the quality of the queen bee depend on the quality of the work by the crew and their motivation about the project.

We are looking for seasonal and/or permanent position in queen bee production and breeding in Vacaville and Napa Valley California.

It’s a full time seasonal positions for up to 4 months (March/April through end of June)

Supervised by me, Caroline Yelle, Rick Schubert as my partner with PCQ in California (owner BeeHappy Apiaries, Vacaville)

> Experiences :

• Valid driver license and English or French speaking skills would be an asset but not required.

>Work conditions:

• Availability to work sometime evenings, holidays and weekends is a must.

• Work is physically demanding, as you already know.

• Starting wages at $12,00/hr to $16,00/hr based on experience.

• Housing options will have to be discussing with us.

If you’re interested to meet the challenge with us, please email us your resume to [email protected] and you’re more than welcome to ask for more information about PCQ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Looking for Beekeepers in queen bee production- Napa Valley

@Caroline Yelle I already send my documents on your email.

We always make sure that our seasonal workers have a place to stay and everything that they need to be comfortable; on the farm or near to. We also have contacts who can house them for less than what you mentioned. Also, this is a starting wage based on experience, it does not mean that the salary cannot go over 16$/h.

Regards,

@Caroline Yelle I send our documents as a group Ma'am.

Sent you an email.

Are you still hiring? I sent you an email. Thank you.

Hi just want to find out if you hire seasonal workers that want to work on h2a visas aswell as I cannot get a mail send through

Best regards

Hi, I am intrested for this job. Kindly mail me at [email protected]