Questions & Comments on the new ProVap Vaporizer - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Questions & Comments on the new ProVap Vaporizer

I've only used mine a couple times but have some positive comments about it.

First is the construction - seems very heavy duty, much more so that the pictures. It's very substantial and solid.

Second is it works fast and significantly reduces the time it takes to treat my 20+ hives. I'm still working out a good process to reduce the time even more.

I really like it and would recommend it. It's a good deal to trade in the Varrox for it - take advantage of it before it's over.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Yet another satisfied customer..

"I used the ProVap today, 10 hives in 30 minutes including set up to clean up. What a difference, once I figure out how to lay things out it will get faster."
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Another satisfied customer.........
    Larry,
    Thank you! I love it! Using mine pretty heavily. The only thing that would make it easier is if OA was in pre measured pellets.

Yet ANOTHER satisfied customer!

Larry,
    The ProVap 110 works great. I was able to treat a whole yard (about 22 hives) in a very short amount of time. The other out-yards were also a breeze to treat. Mite drops after treatment proved the effectiveness of the OA. In the past, I treated using 2 wands, but this has proven to be a huge time saver and should be considered by any serious sideliners.

Thanks and have a great week -
    Etienne

Nadeau Farms Inc
    (252) 619-7308
    [email protected]

I ordered my Provap 110 on Sunday. It was delivered yesterday (Wednesday). I have yet to use it but I can tell you that this machine is built to last. Everything on it is heavy duty. I can't wait to start killing mites! Thanks for the great service, again. Oh, as Larry says "Yet ANOTHER satisfied customer!".

Quote Originally Posted by dudelt View Post
    I ordered my Provap 110 on Sunday. It was delivered yesterday (Wednesday). I have yet to use it but I can tell you that this machine is built to last. Everything on it is heavy duty. I can't wait to start killing mites! Thanks for the great service, again. Oh, as Larry says "Yet ANOTHER satisfied customer!".
    Thanks! I guarantee you'll love it even more ONCE you start using it!

Provap rocks!!! I managed to vap 100 hives in just under 4hrs, and that is traveling between 6 different yards. One word of caution...be sure to pull the provap straight out of the hole you drill as the copper tube is easy to bend when its hot. Looking forward to seeing how well my bees do this winter!

Yet ANOTHER satisfied customer!

Really impressed with the quality and ease of use.
    Thanks again,
    Scott

Received my ProVap Thursday and after doing a trial run I treated six hives today. Works as advertised. The best part is not having to get in front of the hives except to place a block over the entrance. Would definitely recommend this for OAV treating. There is one thing I feel is lacking. Even though there is an instruction sheet included, on the display panel there are a few soft keys and display lights on the left side that are not explained. I would think for $485 there would have been some sort of "manual" included.

Quote Originally Posted by MiBees View Post
    There is one thing I feel is lacking. Even though there is an instruction sheet included, on the display panel there are a few soft keys and display lights on the left side that are not explained. I would think for $485 there would have been some sort of "manual" included.
    That control module is used for many other purposes; not just to control the temperature on the ProVap. None of those other keys and display lights are relevant to the operation of the ProVap. To provide a "manual" for them and all their other uses (besides the ProVap) is meaningless to the operation of the ProVap.

snl, thank you for the feedback. Very pleased with its performance and quality of construction. For its ease of operation and being less intrusive to the bees I would recommend purchasing it over a wand type vaporizer.

Used my new ProVap today for the first time. All I can say is Wow! Wish I had this tool three years ago. For me the time saving is the biggest deal. Ease of use and quality of construction is great. Fast shipping and easy communication with seller also a plus. Thanks Larry!

I used mine for the first time about 1 hour ago. I was having a hard time believing it was really working until I flipped the unit over by accident before putting the nozzle in the hole. It looked just like the video! It took longer than expected to do 10 hives but most of the time was setup and cleanup. The actual vaporizing time was absolutely minimal. Once I tweak it a bit, I will probably cut the time in half. This is a huge improvement over using the wand.

I really love the ProVap - it's a high quality beekeeping tool.

I do feel the need to make a few safety suggestions though:

1. Of course, a gas mask is required equipment, as with any OAV device.
    2. Safety goggles - also required equipment.
    3. Clean the device thoroughly after each use. It is CRITICAL to keep the outlet pipe clear and unobstructed.

Everyone is free to wear whatever safety devices they want, but, for me, I don't see a need for gas mask or safety glasses with the Provap. The Provap is fully inserted into the hive before it starts emitting OAV, and the hive is sealed relatively well to hold the vapors in. I've never come close to having problem by simply standing upwind while treating. Of course OAV is very nasty stuff, so people should take whatever precautions they feel comfortable with.

JMHO
    --shinbone
    (1975-1980, and now since 2011; maintain about 10 hives; Zone 5b; 15" rain; 5500')

If you've used a standard vaporizer in the past, are you seeing the same level of mite control with the Provap that you got with the vaporizer?

Because the vapors are “pressure forced” into and throughout the hive, you probably get a better distribution of OA. I see an impressive mite drop no matter whether I use the Varrox or ProVap. It’s hard to compare as both do a great job.
    Perhaps other users can provide additional information.

I was reluctant to drill holes in my woodenware due to my rainy climate (& increase the rotting potential in my boxes), but finally decided to do it. It cut down my completion time significantly. ( I am doing about 200 colonies)
    Getting your method down certainly make it a lot faster and more efficient. I can do all 200 in one day, and do them thoroughly.
    My little Honda generator on my cart make access to even the most remote hives easy.

Is it effective? Absolutely. I am extremely happy with it. The provap is very effective in my opinion. Second year using it.
    I still like delivering it near the top of the hive in colonies that are in larger than double deeps. The vapor settles well and distributes better than trying to get it to the top from bottom treatment locations. (I have to use a larger dose of OA to get the same coverage when applied from the bottom) Especially if you have screened bottom boards and even with slide in fully, vapor can stream right out if applied from the bottom.

PA010188.jpg

Attachment 35880

PA010197.jpg

PA010200.jpg

The small tip is easy to treat overwintering mating nucs. To get these to overwinter in tiny colonies, they need to be clean, well fed and in top shape. Everything here now gets OAV in winter whether they need it or not. It's a regular part of my management to keep mites as near 0 as possible.

PA010198.jpg

(Divided nucs with 5 over 5 half sized deep frames on each side)

PA010199.jpg

Be sure to wash it with hot water and soap to keep the tip unobstructed for the next use. Run it through your tip for a minute. If the tip is plugged or touches a solid surface while using , it will pop the lid off. Use safety glasses as well as you mask while using.

I have to say, I LOVE knocking the H*** out of the mites. Even if it is just a few, it's a few that won't have the chance to turn in to many down the road if conditions are favorable for them to multiply ( Unusually warm winter & early brood rearing, older slowing queens, etc)
    Last edited by Lauri; 10-02-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Lauri Miller.
    Carniolan Hybrids. Glenn, Latshaw & Wild lines.

Has anyone tried running the pro vap off a atv ? mine has a plug in for a cigerttee lighter,would that be enough to run it ? Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by hilljack View Post
    Has anyone tried running the pro vap off a atv ? mine has a plug in for a cigerttee lighter,would that be enough to run it ? Thanks Gary
    Maybe, but you’d still need an inverter. HF has an inexpensive one. 400w that you attach to your 12v battery. I use it for mine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast