My first go with this vaporizer was disappointing. The pan did not seem to get hot enough to vaporize the acid. It would bubble up and bridge over.
I checked the pan temps with a infrared thermometer and found the temps were no where near those indicated by Hienz. The thermostat is placed directly above the heating element. Hienz suggested moving it to the side of the pan. When I did this things went a lot better. I was getting higher temps and the pan would be clean after use. The thermostat is still a problem as it would not cut in until it was reaching very low temps. This has to addressed yet.
There were some comments about the electric cable mounting issues. I solved this by folding the cable back and clamping it to the housing.
I would like to see the issue of fan maintenance addressed. Right now it would be next to impossible to change.
It was suggested tha there be an issue with to much moisture in the acid. I dryed some acid to try. I found that it worked the same as the acid I did not. The key is having the pan getting hot enough and holding the temperature there to vaporize the acid.
I did a little over 150 hives in about 3 hours yesterday. Our hives are wrapped for winter so this slowed thing down a lot.
I made a different nozzle for the unit today. It should help with the wrapped hives so I will try it tomorrow