Buy package bees North East Mississippi

Default Buy package bees North East Mississippi

Wanting to get started with bee keeping and have found out that bees are very expensive. Are there any bee keepers in Tupelo area willing to sell a 3# package and queen, every where I look online say sold out and some advertise nearly 200 dollars!!!! I might have to try to catch a swarm, that is to expensive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Buy package bees North East Mississippi

Buying bees is the cheap part, wait til you get to the equipment, clothing, tools, extractors, bottles, labels, mite treatments, winter feed...

Catching swarm worked for me, it also eliminated mite treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobees View Post
    Wanting to get started with bee keeping and have found out that bees are very expensive. Are there any bee keepers in Tupelo area willing to sell a 3# package and queen, every where I look online say sold out and some advertise nearly 200 dollars!!!! I might have to try to catch a swarm, that is to expensive.
    Most say sold out because they are talking about 2016. Only a few have started selling for 2017. By January you will see lots of packages for sale.

If no luck catching a swarm, try Walter Kelley Company where you can order a package come this January for delivery in the spring.

HTH

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper and Rusty's Bees.

Thanks for the replys, I will try to catch a swarm, I found a blog called let it bee and he had a trap made from an old 10 frame deep super. I will try that and also I got some advice to join northeast bee keepers. I am not a people person but I might try that also.